First Brew getting nice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gusco

Reaction score
Ok i haven't posted alot but i have lurked a long time.

My first brew an attempt at a nice dark Porter. been in the bottle carbing about 6 weeks. tasted one in anticipation a few times, but now after 6 weeks it is coming around, nice fizz and the taste is maturing nicely, i feel after another month it will be very nice.

Just wanted to thank you all again for all the previous posts i have learned so much from.

The most important thing i learned here is Patience!

I am also enjoying my second brew which was an amber ale that carbed and conditioned very quickly. thanks again.

glad to hear it all worked out! nothing like drinking a good beer, thinking "I made this!!!" :D

You got that right! I thought i scratched the first batch after the first tasting or two. but with a little time it pays off. now for some all grain recipes i have been pondering.

Can't believe you brewed a porter as a first brew. Must be hard to keep your hands off it!

Yeah i know, Should have made something alot lighter. But its all good, Taught me a good lesson. Thought i would have it conditioned sooner. now i know that i have to plan my seasonal beer accordingly.

Why is dark beer bad for first timers? I would think just the opposite. A lot of off flavors are easily masked by the more intense flavors of the darker malts.

Good on you to wait it out. I can't tell you how many beers I didn't like when first carbed that tasted fantastic after even a month. That said, I find porters why too easy drinking and they usually don't have time to mature.

Back