4 tap Keezer or Kegerator for $600?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonshae

Reaction score
I was wondering if there's a way to make a 4 tap cornie setup for $600 or less, assuming everything needs to be purchased except the CO2 tank. I already have a 20-lb tank.

I was planning to do the Sanyo 4912 2-keg conversion, but since I have time to consider various options before moving ahead with the conversion, I figured it'd be worth seeing if I could get a bigger setup first.

Two taps would be nice, but 4 would be even better!

Moonshae said:
I was wondering if there's a way to make a 4 tap cornie setup for $600 or less, assuming everything needs to be purchased except the CO2 tank. I already have a 20-lb tank.

I was planning to do the Sanyo 4912 2-keg conversion, but since I have time to consider various options before moving ahead with the conversion, I figured it'd be worth seeing if I could get a bigger setup first.

Two taps would be nice, but 4 would be even better!

Im looking at a nice set up buying all the parts seperate at around 500 to 600..I already have the chest freezer and temp controller..so 600 without will be tight..if u go with chrome faucets..and get cheap cornys and cheap fridge or freezer it would be possible..

Jay

I'm pretty sure my 4 tap (5 keg) project came in around there. See my vids...

$268 whirlpool freezer Lowes
$160 Perlick faucets and nipple shanks
$ 35 Temp controller Ebay
$ 40 Nice regulator Ebay
$ 40 Gas/Beer connectors
$ 20 bev/gas tubing
$120 4 kegs minimum
______

I mean, you could skimp on the freezer (craigslist) or maybe the faucets (non forward sealing), but I really wouldn't want to. You'll also need a gas manifold or use a bunch of cheap "TEEs".

ya I spent about $480 on a 3 tap one..you can check out my signature for the link to my blog for the status on the project...waiting on my ranco temperature controller to come can't seem to keep a stable temperature.... I will most likely invest in perlick taps down the road but the cheap $12 CAD chrome ones will be good until they stick to much and I replace them.

It can be done if you take your time and search out deals. If you're a COSTCO member, at one point they had a 7.4cu/ft chest freezer for $100 less then HD and Lowes. Keep searching Craigslist. Some nice deals can be found on there.

Just bought parts for a 4-tap setup with a stand up fridge. Paid $700 for everything. Fridge was $150 which you can find cheaper.

That was with ventmatic taps and SS shanks, barbs, etc. I could've probably saved $100 with a cheaper fridge and not all SS parts.

I think you can do it for $600.

Try kegkits.com they have some very decent prices on stuff. I used them for most of my order minus the taps which I got on eBay.

This should be interesting to explore. I'm still not sure how to even make the conversion, but I can find several chest freezers for $100-$125 on craigslist. How deep do they need to be inside to fit cornies and the connections on top?

Thanks!

I found a great deal on a chest freezer, so I'm taking the plunge. I can even get a few more kegs in there than originally planned. I'm starting with an estimate of 5. I noticed that the faucets have a 1/4" barb...does that mean the 3/16" tubing won't fit?

I'm not 100% sure about everything I'd need, so my parts list is below, please tell me if there is anything obvious missing. I know I'll need wood to raise the lid and install the taps.

Chest freezer
5 - Cornies
2-gauge regulator + manifold
20-80 degree Thermostat
5 - Complete Beer Faucet & 5”shank with ¼” barb
60’ - Clear 3/16" ID Beer line (BIB tubing)
10’ - 1/4" ID Braided CO2 line Code
5 - 1/4" Barb Ball Lock Liquid Disconnect
5 - 1/4" Barb Ball Lock Gas Disconnect
5 - 1/4" barb fitting with shutoff valve and check valve (for gas)

Moonshae said:
I found a great deal on a chest freezer, so I'm taking the plunge. I can even get a few more kegs in there than originally planned. I'm starting with an estimate of 5. I noticed that the faucets have a 1/4" barb...does that mean the 3/16" tubing won't fit?

I'm not 100% sure about everything I'd need, so my parts list is below, please tell me if there is anything obvious missing. I know I'll need wood to raise the lid and install the taps.

Chest freezer
5 - Cornies
2-gauge regulator + manifold
20-80 degree Thermostat
5 - Complete Beer Faucet & 5”shank with ¼” barb
60’ - Clear 3/16" ID Beer line (BIB tubing)
10’ - 1/4" ID Braided CO2 line Code
5 - 1/4" Barb Ball Lock Liquid Disconnect
5 - 1/4" Barb Ball Lock Gas Disconnect
5 - 1/4" barb fitting with shutoff valve and check valve (for gas)

1/4 will fit 3/16, heat the plastic tubing in hot water then push hard. To save a little money just use the cheap picnic faucets. You can always upgrade later.

Back