Best Corny Keg Source Time AGAIN!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyk'd

Reaction score
Ok, this is done every once in awhile and I'm in the market for more ball-lock cornelius kegs, soooooo...

:cross:

Can anyone beat:

http://www.homebrewing.org/5-Gallon-Cornelious-Keg-Ball-Lock_p_21-70.html

At $19.00 a keg for pressure tested kegs, it may be hard to beat. I do realize they do not say they are cleaned or rebuilt, but add $3.00 for O-rings (or order from Mcmaster) and I can clean my own. It's a pretty good deal.

Anyone got a better source?

:drunk:

Lucked out, found mine local through a tip from Reverend JC. Prior to that, the best I had seen was 4pk's of Grade B through Kegconnection for 80. Shipping, though....

Spyk'd said:
Ironically, this just got posted tonight:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=492124&postcount=38

If someone who's ordered and had a chance to use these kegs, I'd be interested in a review.

Thanks!

;)

I had 4 delivered from insco2 on Christmas Eve. They were cleaned & sanitized and pressurized on arrival. (well packaged I might add) There was also complete rebuild kits sent with them that I just put in with my corny parts for future needs.
I have about 25 cornys and these came the cleanest and as close to ready to use as you can get.
Highly recomended.

This is what I needed to hear SB. Thanks.

I've used kegconnection before, but the price went up. It used to be $100.00 for 4 with shipping. It's up $30.00.

I think Insco's shipping is more reasonable and the cost per keg lower, so he may have my business. I just needed to hear good things!

Keep the replies coming!

:)

I'd also recommend Insco. I got four kegs from him and they were indeed, cleaned, sanitized, purged of air, packaged superbly and came with an O-ring kit for each keg. Excellent deal.

I'm seriously thinking of getting four more.

Spyk'd said:
I've used kegconnection before, but the price went up. It used to be $100.00 for 4 with shipping. It's up $30.00

He mentioned to me by email that he was in short supply on cornies and that prices were ??? at the moment. I just hadn't checked the site recently. Oh well.

all my kegs came from adventures in taylor, your first post. no problems,awesome
place. there local for me and do most of my biz with them.

chriso said:
t used to be $100.00 for 4 with shipping. It's up $30.00

I swear, everytime you post to a price thread, I end up following your posts with:

Myself said:
My LHBS is at $120 for 4 kegs so that margin is so low I'll give it to "the local guy

Small world.

I WISH I had a local, however, I live in homebrewing wasteland.

I'm leaning towards Insco, unless someone pops out of the woodwork with some insanely good deal.

I'm also only halfway through the debate with my wife about the "ever increasing prices and/or availability of soda kegs" and "how we both know I'll need more eventually, so I might as well order them now before the aforementioned price increases and/or product availability depleats".

:D

Spyk'd said:
I'm also only halfway through the debate with my wife about the "ever increasing prices and/or availability of soda kegs" and "how we both know I'll need more eventually, so I might as well order them now before the aforementioned price increases and/or product availability depleats".

Good luck with that one :rolleyes:

I've found that logic, by every definition of the word a man can think of, never works with women. try something like "But I want it really really bad and it would make me happy if I had it and I don't care what it takes to get" - that usually seems to make THEIR wants rational.

Kevin Dean said:
Good luck with that one :rolleyes:

I've found that logic, by every definition of the word a man can think of, never works with women. try something like "But I want it really really bad and it would make me happy if I had it and I don't care what it takes to get" - that usually seems to make THEIR wants rational.
The ol' begging ploy...;)

The problem with the above "begging" type ploys is that my wife really doesn't care what I want or what makes me happy, but actually responds to thing I 'need'.

:drunk:

I also add the 'talk about <insert topic> ad naseum, every chance I get' routine to "wear her down".

If I'm still shy on the deal, I may have to resort to bringing up how many pairs of new shoes/purses/clothes she's purchased in the last few weeks or how many times she dined out recently.

:cross:

Eventually, she'll say, fine, go ahead and just buy the damn things!

:p

Some advice - wherever you get your kegs from, no matter how cleaned and rebuilt they are, and regardless of if you receive them still holding pressure, I recommend one thing - check to be sure the posts are tight.

I purchased two cleaned and rebuilt kegs from an on-line source (to remain unnamed) at a decent price (don't rmember exactly, but got the two kegs and a Johnson Controls thermostat for $150 delivered). Kegs were holding pressure fine, so I just rinsed the PBW they were shipped with, sani'd them and filled them. Everything seemed fine, and I filled a few growlers to take on vacation. Since I had one tap less then filled kegs, I removed the beer line from one of these new kegs to fill from another.

When I retuned from vacation, I found that this untapped keg had very slowly leaked from the beer out valve, spilling about 3 gallons of my American Wheat into the keezer. :-( Thereafter, I kept the tap on that keg until it was done, with no leaks. Upon cleaning it and checking the post.. found the post was only finger tight. Same thing with the second keg from this source, which happened not to leak.

Just because the keg arrives with pressure (and likely pretty high presure) don't assume it'll hold at serving pressure!

Post on craigslist saying you are looking for them. It doesn't cost you anything to post. I had a guy that runs a food cart up and give me 12 a while back.

Back