Jamil's Evil Twin Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DawgBrewer

Reaction score
I wanted to try the northernbrewer Jamil's Evil Twin recipe, but I couldn't wait on shipping since I wanted to brew today. I went to my lhbs and picked up the 7lbs of Muntons light DME and the hops listed in the northern brewer recipe. I also picked up the specialty grains, but my lhbs didn't have the .25 lbs of Pale Chocolate. Will this be a problem? Also, should I add all of my dme late in my boil or early or should I do some early and some late?

I wanted to try the northernbrewer Jamil's Evil Twin recipe, but I couldn't wait on shipping since I wanted to brew today. I went to my lhbs and picked up the 7lbs of Muntons light DME and the hops listed in the northern brewer recipe. I also picked up the specialty grains, but my lhbs didn't have the .25 lbs of Pale Chocolate. Will this be a problem? Also, should I add all of my dme late in my boil or early or should I do some early and some late?

Some people suggest just using half the amount of regular chocolate, but Jamil says that it is not the same. Pale chocolate malt is pretty distinct.

I think out will still turn out to be a good beer, not the same complexity as the original but out should still new very good.

Back