Stovetop Induction Full Boil Brewing - Brutus 20 Style

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKershner

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently built a smaller, indoor system and just thought I would share my findings with the group.

Basic rundown is I am using an induction range in conjunction with a cheap stainless pot in order to heat all the liquid. Since the "burner" is 2.8kw on high or 3.7kw on boost, it is plenty of power to get a full boil 6-7gal to boil vehemently. I created this system because I didn't want to mess with electricity or have a 240v outlet installed somewhere, but I did want to brew inside.

Full details and pictures of the system (it's easier and allows me bigger picture sizes, sorry to make you click a link)

Let me know if you have any questions.

I was asking about doing this several years ago and I decided not to do it because I was told that it wouldn't work with stainless steel....oh well, guess they were wrong. How do you like the setup? How much did the stove cost you?

Back