Sad news for all of us from GreenwoodRover's family

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenwoodRover

me-no-r-no Nice Guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My husband, Kevin, frequented this website and spoke of the "beer board" often. When I went to the computer today this was the first site that remained open. Yesterday, while at a family friend's cottage, Kevin collapsed next to the pool, and they were unable to bring him back. They tried CPR for 1 1/2 hours to no avail. We have 2 small boys, 3 1/2 and 1 1/2. I wanted to post this for all of you in the beer community to thank you for being a help to Kev with his homebrewing. It was his latest and favorite hobby.

I don't know if this is posted in the correct spot, but please share info.

Many thanks,

Laura Dennis

My husband, Kevin, frequented this website and spoke of the "beer board" often. When I went to the computer today this was the first site that remained open. Yesterday, while at a family friend's cottage, Kevin collapsed next to the pool, and they were unable to bring him back. They tried CPR for 1 1/2 hours to no avail. We have 2 small boys, 3 1/2 and 1 1/2. I wanted to post this for all of you in the beer community to thank you for being a help to Kev with his homebrewing. It was his latest and favorite hobby.

I don't know if this is posted in the correct spot, but please share info.

Many thanks,

Laura Dennis

Laura,

My sincere and most profound condolences to you and your boys.

Jason

Laura

This was originally posted in the "Right now I'm drinking . . ." thread. I went there to see what Jason was drinking at eight in the morning only to find this incredibly sad news. A loss like this, especially with a young family involved, is hard to comprehend. Our thoughts are with you. Feel free to return to this community for any support that we can offer.

Herm

It is with extreme sadness that I moved this thread to the "general" area so we could all see it.

I am so sorry for your loss. Kevin was one of my "imaginary friends" and we really enjoyed him, as I'm sure you know. He will be greatly missed by us.

You have my deepest sympathy, and my heart breaks for you and your boys. Kevin was way too young and I'm sure that this is a huge shock for all of you.

I will keep you in my prayers, and please let us know if you ever want some support from some of Kevin's imaginary friends.

Laura , and family
Our most heartfelt sorrow for your loss, may god be with you and your family at this time. Please let all of us know how we can help out .

mrbowenz

Condolences to you and your family you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

words cannot express the feelings i had while reading this.

i also know that our words ring kinda hollow thru the internet but we are truly sorry to hear of this loss for you, your family, and also for our site.

It's so strange, to read about something like this. Sometimes people just disappear and usually no one knows why. This is news we never want to hear. My sincerest condolences, ma'am, Kevin will be missed.

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Laura, my thought and prayers are with your family at this sad time. You husband will be greatly missed in our community. It was exceptionally brave of you to let us know in your time of sorrow.
April

Wow, I can only imagine your loss and I am so sorry for you and your family in this difficult time. While I didnt know your husband, know that I still considered him a brewbrother and he will be truly missed.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
-Me

This is terrible, for someone so young to go without warning. I mean he was on here BSing with us just two days ago. I didn't know him personally but I'd read some of his posts and considered him a fine brewer.

I think we're all shocked and saddened for our fellow HBTer. Please know that even among those who don't post here, he is in many of our thoughts today, and that words are so inadequate to express what we are feeling.

I am so sorry to hear this news. I was saddened when reading your post, I cannot even imagine how you feel. My condolences to you and your family you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

This is terrible. Just terrible. I can't adequately express how sorry I am for Kevin and his family.

On the non brewing sections of this forum I don't think I ever agreed with a single word he said, yet there was never any bad feeling. That fact alone made him one of the people I would have very much liked to have had a beer with.

My most sincere condolences.

We can do little for Kevin's family in a practical way, but maybe, if we know his favourite recipe some of us can brew it and have a drink for him.
Or maybe design one for him to be named after him in his honour.

My deepest sympathies and condolences to your family. Kevin was always a stand up man on these boards even with the cloak of internet anonymity. If you ever need a place to vent or just talk to some supportive random people, please feel welcome here. We will always be a shoulder for you to lean on if you need someone to talk to.

I believe we should brew a memorial beer in honor of GreenwoodRover.

Cheers to Kevin :mug:

My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. I raise a pint of homebrew in honor of GreenwoodRover

I'm sorry to hear that. Although Kevin and didn't always see eye-to-eye in the debate forum, but I respected his views, and his help in my beer making.
I'll be raising a few to him tonight ! I'm truly sorry that I didn't have a chance to raise one WITH him, especially considering how close we live to each other. :mug:

My god he was so young, and your boys are so young. Thank you for your bravery in sharing this tragic news with us. There are no adequate words, nor adequate tears. Ultimately I hope you find a way to celebrate his life once your time of grieving is past. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

You know, I woke up this morning and read this. I didn't know what to say. I still don't know what to say. It's been on my mind all day.

I'm so sorry this happened. Please be strong.

We should definately brew something in his honor.

This hit me like a ton of bricks...

I wish you the best. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I read this, I read it to my wife. I am 32, we have two young children... this is tragic, I cannot even imagine my family being in this situation.

Our thoughts, our prayers... are with you and yours.:(

This may seem an odd post. Please excuse me if it seems wrong. I just noticed that this thread has 34 posts, but 500 hits. I am assuming that this is because many people just like me are clicking on it every single time it appears so that we can read the new condolences..... Not because 400+ people did not bother to respond.

My deepest sympathies and condolences to your family. You and your family will be in our prayers.

As a father of young children myself, I cannot imagine what you and your boys are going through right now. My thoughts go out to you. This is a terrible thing to have happened. I am so sorry for you.

Back