Local Swap-o-Rama #2, Bomber style!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMan

Reaction score
The final list of participants:

1) theman
2) initybrew
3) deadfall
4) blizzard
5) 427 cobra
6) tflew
7) coldcrash
8) tedsexcellentadventure (exception #1)
9) normpeterson (exception #2)
10) Val214 (exception #3)
11) jtd_419
12) indytruks138
13) drphunk
14) johnnyhitch1
15) jglazer
16) lovesipa
17) medicmang
18) pkrath84
19) mikeysab
20) bigmike99

Ok guys, round two is starting! Read up!

The main goal is to share beer that is not obtainable by the recipient. It does not have to be rare or limited stuff (it certainly can be though). Just local brewed beer. I have altered the entry rules slightly, so read below.

Here are the basic rules for this round:
-Bombers baby...all bombers!
-$40 minimum, $50 maximum
-Since its a homebrew forum, send 1 homebrew as well, bottle size doesnt matter on this one. No homebrew you say? Send 1 bottle of import beer.
-your selections should be LOCAL to you and not distributed where your designated recipient resides. Use www.seekabrew.com if needed.
-let's make it our goal to have these in our recipients hands by 4th of July. If not possible, have it to them by July 12 the latest.
-100 post minimum to be eligible. I will allow 3 exemptions to this so as to allow some newer members entry. However, if you are one of the 3 under the 100 post minimum you will be expected to ship first. The member with your address will not ship until we have word that your package has landed safely. (If you are shipping to someone with over 100 posts you will ship as soon as you have your package ready, like normal)

The rest of the details:
I will cap this at 20 participants or whatever we have on Friday at 5 p.m., whichever we hit first. Once I have a list of all participants I will collect everyone's addresses via pm, plus their preferred/disliked styles, and then randomly select who ships beer to who. You won't necessarily be shipping to the person that is shipping to you. If two participants happen to be in the same area, ill adjust it to change that.

Once I have my list of who ships where, ill pm each person the address and preferences of where they are shipping. Keep this secret, it'll make it more fun! You will then be expected to ship your local beer, abiding by the rules above. Please pm me your tracking number when shipped. I will be sending my tracking info to one of you as well. We will all post our awesome hauls when received and enjoy!

Also, don't forget to leave iTrader feedback.

The forum is not responsible for anyone that abuses this swap-o-rama, we all take equal risk in participating.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

damn, thought this would have started next month... i'm going to skynyrd on friday and taking a trip to seattle next month... but that just means i can go beer shopping! YES! but sad to note, if this continues i'll be able to, but i can't do it this month :( :mug:

Sounds fun. I'm in.

Just to clarify on the $50 max... No bonus beers allowed??

I am not sure where to draw the line...I was kind of wanting to make sure everyone got roughly the same amount. I mean, if everyone just wants a $40 min with no max, I can do that. But I want to avoid one guy getting $40 while another gets $70 worth. At that point it just becomes luck that you got the generous guy with deep pockets.

Let me know, if the masses want that removed then ill remove it.

I am thinking with how it is, we will get between 4-6 bombers each. I know some areas have some cheaper bottles and will be able to send 6 no problem. Whereas in my area most are about $8-$11, so 4-5 will be sent.

I realized after the last swap that I cannot make it completely fair and even for everyone everywhere for every swap...I still feel I have to try as best I can though lol

I am in as well if I can be one of the sub 100 post participants, I have some great local stuff for around 6 a bottle, I think we should raise the max to 60 though. Just my thought but I may have a hard time cutting it down to 40 to 50 worth with what the ideas in my head haha

This is picking up much quicker this time! And looks like all three under 100 spots are taken!

1) theman
2) initybrew
3) deadfall
4) blizzard
5) 427 cobra
6) tflew
7) coldcrash
11) jtd_419

TheMan said:
This is picking up much quicker this time! And looks like all three under 100 spots are taken!

1) theman
2) initybrew
3) deadfall
4) blizzard
5) 427 cobra
6) tflew
7) coldcrash

I don't know if its just on my phone or not but my #8 came in as a smiley face with sunglasses and I absolutely love it haha

Nice, we had no one near Texas last time! Or anyone near the middle of the country for that matter lol

Great, that opens up the whole state instead of just DFW, DFW can easily support this size trade on its own, but I can get some great lower price bombers if I include all of TX.

Last swap was essentially 3 guys in Illinois...the rest new England or cali. With one guy up in Washington lol...not too diverse, but it worked great.

Sweet, three veterans so far! Plus myself makes it 4 from the original crew. So far...

1) theman
2) initybrew
3) deadfall
4) blizzard
5) 427 cobra
6) tflew
7) coldcrash
11) jtd_419
12) indytruks138
13) drphunk

Never heard of tall grass.

a lot of people havent as it is only distributed in the midwest right now but they are always growing in distribution. They only can their beers in pints but it is delicious. Their velvet rooster was the first ever belgain tripel to be canned and it is probably my favorite beer of all time, even though my favorite style is IPA. When i get in on the next swap, someone will get plenty of tallgrass to enjoy!

http://www.craftcans.com/craft-beers-first-belgianstyle-tripel-in-a-can-velvet-rooster

Good brewery, the just started distributing here in chicagoland. 8 bit pale ale...mmmmm

the 8 bit is very good! if i didnt know better i would have thought it was an IPA. the brew master loves hops, hops and even more hops! he would dry hop everything if he could get away with it haha

Last time was awesome even with a few bumps. Hopefully this continues and I can hop in next time. Beer budget gonna take a beating when I hit VT

finsfan said:
a lot of people havent as it is only distributed in the midwest right now but they are always growing

Yeah PA and NY get it. Great beers.

I really wish I could do it again but family vacation calls and the budget is tight. I'll hopefully be back for round #3. I'm jealous it was fun before I'm still enjoying my haul!

Newest addition has been added.

1) theman
2) initybrew
3) deadfall
4) blizzard
5) 427 cobra
6) tflew
7) coldcrash
11) jtd_419
12) indytruks138
13) drphunk
14) johnnyhitch1

Back