My favorite country songs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

He looks like the detective from Barney Miller...Sulu??

Wait that is George Takei? From Star Trek...Sulu. Got the character mixed up but I did think of the cop from Barney Miller, Nick..actor Jack Soo.

For you Barney Miller fans this is pretty funny. I can see him now saying this, it is supposed to be true. Oh he died of throat cancer.

Soo's last words to his Barney Miller co-star Hal Linden before his death were: "It must have been the coffee."

Waylon Jennings-
I've always been crazy and the trouble that it's put me through
I've been busted for things that I did, and I didn't do
I can't say I’m proud of all of the things that I’ve done
But I can say I’ve never intentionally hurt anyone

I've always been different with one foot over the line
Winding up somewhere one step ahead or behind
It ain't been so easy but I guess I shouldn't complain
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Beautiful lady are you sure that you understand
The chances your taking loving a free living man
Are you really sure you really want what you see
Be careful of something that's just what you want it to be

Nobody knows if it's something to bless or to blame
So far I ain't found a rhyme or a reason to change

Last edited by a moderator:
Love that song. Waylon Jennings, in my mind is the best country music singer - Ever!

(BTW. I sent you a PM on how to post videos. It's really simple. Have a blast posting. Looking forward to them!)

Another one of my favorite singers

This song is still relevant today.

My father tells me that he went to a D.A.C. show at Cain's Ballroom in the 70's (tulsa, ok) and was so out of it (on lord knows what) that they thought DAC was just some dude dressed up; and not the man himself. Story has it they started raising hell and throwing $hit at the stage before they got thrown out. Well, a year or so later this song comes out, and my pops can't help but think that he was the "loud mouth in the corner" that inspired this song. Of course, my dad is a long haired redneck, so go figure.
anyhow.....

Please excuse some of the language in this one, but this song takes me back to a specific place and time in my life. Lots of nostalgia here...

I should be putting these all in the same post, but I can't help myself...

He just doesn't look the same without his beard, but this is a great song.

GarageDweller thanks for the songs! Yes posting them can get a bit addictive. Have at it brother! :D

Homer and Jethro?

Bingo! Now that's some country music right there! Even tho it's comedy, the music is good. I was 2 years old when that came out :eek: When I was a kid growing up, radio was pretty much all you had for entertainment. Even though we got a TV when I was 5 (1952), there wasn't very much on the tube, black and white and the screen was about the size of my 12" laptop :p I remember listening to "The Lone Ranger, Amos & Andy, Hopalong Cassidy, Dragnett", before they got to TV. Yeah, I'm old, but still kicken:ban:

Shoot,I remember listenin to the Grand Ol' Oprey on the radio when I was a kid. Loretta,patsy, ernest tubb,flatt & scruggs...

Dan, its funny seeing some of his other stuff. You would NOT see them at the grand Ole Opry

I am not sure if this is appropriate so I will go ahead and say NSFW (Language) and if needed to be removed feel free.

Holy Lord! That boy looks,sounds,& moves so much like his grampaw! I grew up with Hank Senior,watched & heard his son grow into his own. But this boy is the spittin image of hank sr. OMFG! Thanks especially for that one,Dan! Just wow...

Hank III is the real deal. Going go see him for the 5th time tomorrow night.

In Sr's suit.

Great song, fitting to this forum?

you have to watch The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virgina!!

Dan, its funny seeing some of his other stuff. You would NOT see them at the grand Ole Opry

I am not sure if this is appropriate so I will go ahead and say NSFW (Language) and if needed to be removed feel free.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEY8ARSGHTU

Just a William's son carrying on the family tradition. I like it!

Holy Lord! That boy looks,sounds,& moves so much like his grampaw! I grew up with Hank Senior,watched & heard his son grow into his own. But this boy is the spittin image of hank sr. OMFG! Thanks especially for that one,Dan! Just wow...

I know what you mean, I was wondering at the beginning if it wasn't some sort doctored video. I think that must have been earlier in his career, not sure. Seems he comes into his own in his later music. Wild and wreckless as his Daddy and Grand-D were in their prime.

In 1984 I was around 20 years old, had joined the Navy and was stationed in Yokosuka Japan but a few months later was moved to my squadron's homebase in Atsugi.

I lived on base in Yokosuka for a short time. It was a great time (2-3 months) I went on some tours, saw the country side a bit and fell in love with the girls.

One weekend the USO put on a show at "Freedom Park", a big grass field park on the base at Yokosuka.

Guess who?

A bunch of Japanese "country bands" for a warm up and then Hank Williams Junior!

A Country Boy Can Survive.

And with that... don't get me wrong Hank Williams Jr is the best. But my number ONE favorite is Waylon Jennings' "Amanda". Posted it before and probably will again. Don't be suprised if it shows up here many times on this thread.

Don't think I'll ever tire of this song.

Next.. random songs from my favorites.

The person who put this video up is a genius. At first I didn't like what he did. As I watched it over again I realised, this took some dedication, timing and talent.

Going to switch this up a bit.

I love this music cause even though it might not sound the same as our country tunes.. this is how others sing the same song. To me, very beautiful and it's about all that we hold dear. Even if in a different way of saying it.

Give me your opinion, a song would be swell.

I have two Harley Davidsons sitting in my garage and they're doing well. The first one is mine the second my bride's. Both are 2003 Anniversary Classics - A FatBoy and Sportster they are both fantastic.
Each customized some by my own sweat and money. Believe me they both are sweeter than honey. I don't want to brag but that's in the bag. They look real good because of the time (and money) I had.

I put a lot of time making them look and run even better. Love these bikes, dont want to lose them ever!

We have not ridden a lot lately for reasons you don't want to know. Trust me on this it's as clear as snow.

Post me a song on such a thing. I'm sure it will bring you good karma and that is a great thing to sing!.

I am a good part Irish but I just can't get into the music. I had a coworker that would play Irish music all day long on St. Patricks day and I hated it, every single moment of it.

I suppose that could be it's own kind of he!! jgln. I don't know that I would want to listen to it all the time but occasionally yes. I like music in general. Even made up a rap with my daughters one time. I think I posted it here Gawd what was I thinking? :eek:

I suppose that could be it's own kind of he!! jgln. I don't know that I would want to listen to it all the time but occasionally yes. I like music in general. Even made up a rap with my daughters one time. I think I posted it here Gawd what was I thinking? :eek:

It seems for the most part to me very repetitious, not very melodic, kind of like in the way rap is but completely different. As a music lover and amateur guitarist I tend to lean more toward melodic music. Irish music to me is all up, down, up, down, up, down.....repeat

Irish music to me is all up, down, up, down, up, down.....repeat

Not trying to put your post out of context by using just the last sentence but you made me smile on the Irish music when you said up, down, up, down....

I went to a bar or pub or what they're called, in ChristChurch NZ back in the mid 90's. It was an Irish place called "The Loft". The place was on the second floor of an older building. Wood floors all around. A great feel for the place. A band played Irish music all night long. The place was packed and everybody danced. Literally jumping up and down feet not together more like stomping and throwing their arms up and down. Got to admit jgln it was a blast.. and good aerobic exercise to boot. When I took a break and sat down I could feel the floor fluxing under all of that foot stomping force. It was a great night!

Not trying to put your post out of context by using just the last sentence but you made me smile on the Irish music when you said up, down, up, down....

I went to a bar or pub or what they're called, in ChristChurch NZ back in the mid 90's. It was an Irish place called "The Loft". The place was on the second floor of an older building. Wood floors all around. A great feel for the place. A band played Irish music all night long. The place was packed and everybody danced. Literally jumping up and down feet not together more like stomping and throwing their arms up and down. Got to admit jgln it was a blast.. and good aerobic exercise to boot. When I took a break and sat down I could feel the floor fluxing under all of that foot stomping force. It was a great night!

Dan, you can always call me Jim if you remember to.

I guess it is the Irish folk music I don't care for. But here in NJ one of the towns I fequent (I own a property there) has a big Irish festival in the fall. Parades all day etc. Two houses down gets rented every year to a bagpipe bragade and they practice songs on the front lawn. Well a couple times I went over and they were playing only a few feet away from me and the sound was incredible. So cool to hear that sound coming from bagpipes right there in front of you

Jim, (sorry I had forgotten)
I love bagpipe music. Would so much like to hear them played live. That festival sounds like a blast!

Jim, (sorry I had forgotten)
I love bagpipe music. Would so much like to hear them played live. That festival sounds like a blast!

Yes, hearing them played live is an experience. So much power and volume coming out of those things.

Hey all,

I know this is a country post, heck I started it and thank everybody for posting there favorite country songs. Seems to me; I'm the only person on this thread who keep breaking the thread parameter.

Going to have to do it again toinght.. Anybody who doesn't like this I can truly understand and feel free to knock me off this thread. I have no problem with that. I have started one thing and then do another. That's BS and I agree completely.

Just being meThis speaks to me. Well it's not really me. Just some of the music I love to hear sometimes.

a little tune from willie, nothing too great, but here ya go.
dan, loved the hawaii'an track. they can do that slide guitar sound something nice!

Hanks voice is so haunting to me. Guess it was a certain time in my life, but damn, they can't sing it better than this.

Latest posts

Back