Group Buy in Chicago #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for those who haven't paid yet, please remit payment so we can get this get going. thank you.

two pending payments and five still unpaid (but two have already made arrangments to get me cash by wednesday). we're almost there.

does any one has a way to contact Thomas Thorpe and Niilo outside HBT?, just in case they dont come here too often and dont know we are waiting for them

Polboy said:
does any one has a way to contact Thomas Thorpe and Niilo outside HBT?, just in case they dont come here too often and dont know we are waiting for them

Niilo is paying cash tomorrow and Thorpe later on on the week.

There's one pending payment that's an e check that will take time to clear. Then it takes 2-3 days to transfer from paypal to a bank account; I'm using a debit card.

bmason1623 said:
There's one pending payment that's an e check that will take time to clear. Then it takes 2-3 days to transfer from paypal to a bank account; I'm using a debit card.

So do u think 3/24 is a possibility? This is my 1st group buy.

Evillive said:
So do u think 3/24 is a possibility? This is my 1st group buy.

It should be. I've transfered all of the paypal money that has cleared to my account both yesterday and today. Niilo is paying cash so that's available immediately. I'm hoping to place the order by the end of this week or early next week.

Anyone interested in more hops? I might buy a lb or each simcoe leaf (~$20) and centennial pellet(~$15). I figured we can split shipping of anyone is interested

Also those prices don't include shipping. That would depend on how many people are interested. it also says one lb per order. I will call tomorrow and tell him we're trying to save on shipping

Called the brew shop about the simcoe. He said we could order more than one lb. looking to order by tomorrow.

Wegs will take a pound of Simcoe and half of centennial if somebody wants to split. If not will just do the Simcoe. Just pay you when I pick of half of Vienna if that ok.

inverted said:
Wegs will take a pound of Simcoe and half of centennial if somebody wants to split. If not will just do the Simcoe. Just pay you when I pick of half of Vienna if that ok.

Inverted I'm down to split that pound of centennial if there's a way to package it and Wegz you can officially put me down for a pound of Simcoe.

Looks like a Pliny clone is in the works.

I'll go a pound on the Simcoe but prior to a 100% commitment; what is your plan for delivery and distribution? At the pick-up? and then is Bill ok with it, he has an awful lot on his plate as it stands, just divying out and the splits.

Yea I haven't asked bill yet. I was going to drop it off at the pick up. I gotta ok it though. I wanted to see how much interest there was first

Bill ok'd me leaving it with him for pick up. So I will do that.

So far the for sures are:
Wegz (Simcoe, Centennial)
Demon (Simcoe, Centennial)
Inverted (Simcoe, 1/2 Centennial)
TheBreweryUndergound (Simcoe, 1/2 Centennial)
Schnibbz (Simcoe, Centennial)

I will call him tomorrow or later tonight to see if he has enough simcoe for everyone interested. If not I will go down the list of people by order. I will keep you updated.

Everybody is paid up. Just waiting for one pending payment and a couple of transfers (from my paypal to my bank account) to clear with paypal. Might get this ordered by this week yet. We're moving...

Just waiting on a response from neopol and then calling it quits. I will call brewtensils tomorrow and ask for a quote on shipping before letting everyone know how much they owe. Working on a spreadsheet. Won't be as fancy as bills but it will get the job done.

Ok, so here is what I have...

Wegz (Simcoe, Centennial)
Demon (Simcoe, Centennial)
Inverted (Simcoe, 1/2 Centennial)
TheBreweryUndergound (Simcoe, 1/2 Centennial)
Schnibbz (Simcoe)
Neopol (Simcoe)

I will call tomorrow morning. Please let me know if I messed up.

I've forgotten to mention that the original quote did not include a "hazardous material" charge for the starsan. They've already mention that it will be added on the revised quote. I think it's like $15 or something. Whatever the cost it will be divided among the number of people bought starsan regardless of the package size. I ask that people pay me when they pick up. As always, I will post the revised quote online.

He only had 4 simcoe in stock. Does anybody want to split or subsitute? If not I will take the last two people to reply off.

Please let me know asap

OK, the final payment from paypal cleared this afternoon. I've transferred that payment to my bank account which should take two days to clear. I will call tomorrow and ask for an updated quote. I'll try to get the order in atthe same time. I am going to request delivery of the grain on Thursday of next week. Reason being is that my floor will be crowded with product that wont ship out until Wednesday or Thursday. My floor space is limited and my humble business takes precedence over group buys. sorry guys but that's the way it is. You guys can start picking up on next Friday barring any unforeseen mishaps. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back