40qt kettle for $40, this good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
http://www.instawares.com/stock-pot...htm?LID=GGLE&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=ALSKSP007

ran across this while "netting" today...

ALSKSP007.jpg

good deal? or should i keep hunting?

I was in walmart around thanksgiving and they had 50qt tamale steaming pot for 35$. I would check there if you haven't already.

That websites seems to have a mix of reviews. Quite a few really bad rip off experiences and some good ones. Always research online companies BEFORE purchasing and go with your gut.

I got my kettle from this site. Might be this one in fact. Works great and good price.
edit: this is the one I have. Don't know the thickness... 6MM is "Heavy Duty" so I'm sure 4MM is still pretty good.

Yep. Mine is 4MM and people are always telling me how thick and sturdy it is.
<<Joke>>
<<Rimshot>>

Just ported this pot with weldless from bargain fittings. Very easy to do with my cheapo drill and the step bit I gut with the fitting. Sturdy and leak-proof. Very nice.

I did a lot of shopping for pots, settled on aluminum and did even more shopping. IMHO a pretty decent price is $1/qt on average, not including lid. If you can do better than that, you're beating the odds.

I eventually got 3 100qt pots with lids and basket strainers (which I haven't fully decided how to use) for $70 on ebay including shipping. I'd link it but I'm not so sure you're looking for something that big.

I just bought the thunder group 40qt on eBay. Its 4mm and very sturdy. 3 days from order to my door.

I seasoned it today on my SQ14 burner. 7 gallons to start, 40 minutes to reach a boil(started with verrrrry cold water from the hose, 35 degrees outside). Boiled for 60 minutes, 5.5 gallons at the end of boil. Not too shabby, I'm very happy with my purchase.

Back