How about Gordon Biersch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbrewer1

Reaction score
I've been to two locations in Washington, DC and McLean, VA...and I must say I think it's overrated.

The food is overpriced for the portions, and as for the beer it has been the only brewpub where I wanted to order other beers. Oh, and the times I have went the service has been horrible.

Anyone else have the same experiences and/or better ones?

Yeah I've got one right by the office, so I go occasionally. Nothing special in my opinion. I'd say it's at about the BJ's level, but maybe slightly more pricey.

I've been to two locations in Washington, DC and McLean, VA...and I must say I think it's overrated.

The food is overpriced for the portions, and as for the beer it has been the only brewpub where I wanted to order other beers. Oh, and the times I have went the service has been horrible.

Anyone else have the same experiences and/or better ones?

I guess you've never been to a Hops Resturant (name does not match with the beers)

There's one in Columbus and I can't say much good about it, either. The beers are average at best, and it's a bit expensive. Their Hefe is downright horrible.

I have a Gordon Biersch about 4 blocks from my house. I go on occasion and will usually drink their Pils. It's the only GB beer that doesn't give me a terrible headache.

the food is expensive but the Schwarzbier is awesome.

It's a bit expensive, and the food is hit or miss, leaning toward miss. Most of the beer is nothing to get excited about, but they occasionally have something really tasty on tap (look for the specialty/seasonal brews).

It's the closest brewpub to me, actually, the only one within reasonable driving distance for hitting up just to have a couple beers (esp with gas). I like the Marzen a lot. The burgers they have are pretty good too, and so are the garlic fries (at least when you get a good batch). It is a little pricey, but I don't think it is too unreasonable.

I think it's decent. None of the beers have blown me away, but they're certainly drinkable. I haven't been disgusted by any. The pils is alright.

Food is the same way.

Back