My Stir Plate...IT WORKS!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyclingCraig

Reaction score
First BIG thanks to HomeBrewTalk and all who contribute. All the Stir plate posts helped SOOOO much!!:mug:

Anyway, I finished my DIY Stir Plate some time ago, but haven't had time to brew since. This is my first run at making a starter with it, I was really surprised how well it is working.

From this morning:
StirPlateStarterSmall.jpg

I made one kind of similar but i have noticed if i set the reostat at a lower speed so it isn't going a full speed, it starts off slow but eventually speeds up...any ideas?

Atl300zx said:
Congrats. That is on my list of things to do. What size Flask is best?

Not sure what size is "best", In the picture is a 2L flask. Most of the time when I go to MrMalty.com and plug in the OG of what I am going to brew, it spits out something a little of 1L (This was 1.3L) when using a stir plate? I played it safe and went with 2L instead of 1.5, just so in case I wanted to make a BIG starter I could.

RockfordWhite said:
I made one kind of similar but i have noticed if i set the reostat at a lower speed so it isn't going a full speed, it starts off slow but eventually speeds up...any ideas?
I have NO idea, that is really wierd:drunk:. I have mine turned WAY down and speed seems pretty constant after overnight, have to see how it looks when I get home though. (If I were you, I would blame the cat for moving the knob, you NEVER know what they do when you aren't around)

Back