OMG... 1.5 L Grolsch swing tops!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well if you like grolsch, go for it. my personal experience was that it was horribly imbalanced and as it got warmer it was worse. i wouldnt buy it again but like i said its my personal opinion. swing tops are pretty sweet though

it dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing :ban:

NBF Grolsch, but the bottles are cool.

You can get these for around the same price... obviously without the beer. I got 4 engraved and shipped for something like $32 each. Quality is excellent! Ebay has at least once going for cheap at the moment..

Bt03.jpg

Not a thing wrong with green glass as long as you keep it away from direct lighting. Most of us drink our bottled brew LONG before it has a chance to go bad from exposure anyway.

Unless you're storing your beer in a well-lit room, you typically don't have to worry about the color of the glass. All of my bottles are stored in a closet which keeps them just fine since I only open the door to restock the fridge. If you have to store your beer somewhere lit, get an opaque plastic tub (or 4) like this and store it in there.

storage_bin.jpg

On the topic of the bottle itself, I use these 1 liter bottles that Lorina Lemonade comes in. My wife loves the lemonade, and I get the bottle.

lemonade_145x450.jpg

gruntingfrog said:
On the topic of the bottle itself, I use these 1 liter bottles that Lorina Lemonade comes in. My wife loves the lemonade, and I get the bottle.

lemonade_145x450.jpg

HA!! Funny you just mentioned those lemonade bottles! They sell them at Target. I saw them about a month ago while I was there and bought two! HAHA!!

I've never skunked a brew, not even in green glass, but it's better safe than sorry. It doesn't take long for sun or ambient light to do their thing. My point was, Grolsch tastes like goat piss (a la Heiny and Rolling Skunk), so I wouldn't waste my $$ on the beer just to get the bottle. But if someone gave me a used one for free, I'd bottle my beer in it.

Back