Grapefruit Stiegl Radler Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THRobinson

Reaction score
Went to a pub the other day, 100 beers on tap... needless to say I didn't want to leave. Best part was you could by 6 x 5oz. tasters.

In any case, one was the Grapefruit Stiegl Radler, which was amazingly good. Hoped AHS had a kit but not that I could see.

Anyone have a recipe for a clone?

Thanks

I've got 10 gallons of pils fermenting right now. I'm planning on just fermenting and carbing some grapefruit juice, and just mixing them when serving.

Well, I don't recommend fermenting 100% grapefruit juice. I think it's too acidic for the yeast to work happily. With staggered nutrient additions, it still threw a lot of sulfur. It's dissipated a bit with age, but it's still pretty undrinkable by itself. Imagine extra-bitter campari, but with a bit of sulfury funk on top.

If I try this again, I'll probably mix the grapefruit juice 50/50 with some grape or apple juice, or mix with low gravity wort.

Back