Love at first brew.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monstar

Reaction score
Hello people! I just started home brewing 2 weeks ago, and I freakin LOVE it. I have a small apartment, so my first batch was a 1 gallon batch. I had so much fun with my first brew (red ale) that the next day I looked up a recipe for a brown ale and went ahead and made that too. The day after that I wanted to make cider... couldn't decide between champagne and ale yeast so I went ahead and made both! Then just two days later, I added a hefeweizen to my collection. Had to move a bunch of my wife's shoes out of the closet to fit all 6 gallons of brew in my apartment haha. Good thing she likes beer too I suppose ;)

On a side note, I never knew that you were supposed to start brewing with extract recipes. Ive never done so, and now that I am getting the hang of all grain, I don't think I will try it... I rather enjoy the science and how involved all grain recipes are.

I'm really just making this post to say YO and say that I'm so glad I found home brewing and hombrewtalk.com! Anyways I'm sure Ill be hanging around asking questions and such. Looking forward learning a lot from this site!

On a side note, I never knew that you were supposed to start brewing with extract recipes.

there's no pre-determined way of getting into home brewing. all grain or extract, jump in whatever way wets your whistle :ban:

Welcome aboard! This is an immensely enjoyable and wonderfully rewarding hobby. There are lots of wise and experienced homebrewers on this site, so you can't help but learn something pretty much every day. Trust me, I'm still learning from them!

As an aside...if your wife lets you move her shoes out of the closet to make room for your beer, you've struck gold my friend! Make sure you keep that one happy :)

Welcome! I'm so glad to hear that your enjoying yourself! Let us know how everything turns out! Wait till you move into the 5 gallon batches!

Thanks everyone. @ Beowulf, ya, shes definitely a keeper ;)

I really am a gadgeteer. I find myself walking through stores now thinking, "o shoot, could I use that to brew!?"

also just scored 24 Golsch brown glass bottles for 20 bucks off CL today. Has been an awesome day for beer.

Welcome aboard! This is an immensely enjoyable and wonderfully rewarding hobby. There are lots of wise and experienced homebrewers on this site, so you can't help but learn something pretty much every day. Trust me, I'm still learning from them!

As an aside...if your wife lets you move her shoes out of the closet to make room for your beer, you've struck gold my friend! Make sure you keep that one happy :)

I agree with beowulf, she's a keeper. I wouldn't dare touch my wife's closets (yes, the plural of closet, she has three).

And welcome to the addiction. Some people call it the obsession, but to me, it's an addiction. You'll understand soon enough, if not already.

LOL. I'm new to this thing too and I'm so glad I took the plunge. It's so much easier than I thought it would be... and some good results too! I've loved beer for years, took a few brewery tours, etc. but I never thought homebrew could be so rewarding. +1 on being all about HomeBrewTalk!

And welcome to the addiction. Some people call it the obsession, but to me, it's an addiction. You'll understand soon enough, if not already.

O, I already understand. Brewed another Hef tonight, brewing a straight Irish Red Ale tomorrow so I can get familiar with the style :)

Welcome Monstar, love the name by the way. I too just started recently and have jumped in and already made 10 gallons so far.

Year of the Black Rainbow!!

Latest posts

Back