First label attempt - critics welcome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayrton

Reaction score
label.jpg

I think the label turned out pretty well, which is probably going to be more than I can say for the beer (it's in secondary right now).

Oh, I should mention that I didn't draw the raspberries and leaves - those came from Google image search. The rest of it is mine, though.

I like it, the colors might 'pop' a little better on a black background. Thats about all I can add :)

Gotta love that photoshop banner huh? I use it on mine as well. You can curve the banner by using the Shear Filter (Filter->Distort->Shear).

Hope it helps :)

-=gp125racer=-

Thanks all! It's supposed to be a cabin in the background, but that didn't come through very well.

i think black on the background would be awesome, how will you make them stick and print them ?

Looks nice on screen! I'm wondering if you have enough contrast in the background to show on paper. I'd print a couple of paper copies and make your adjustments - if you haven't already.

It's certainly big enough so that when you size it down, it should print without pixilation.

looks great. Id make the cabin stand out a little more, maybe reverse the colors of the cabin and then darken it a little. other than that its a quality looking label.

Yikes, I forgot about this thread. Thanks all! The biggest issue I've had with it so far is the "Raspberry Maibock" lettering, which doesn't come through very well when printed using an inkjet printer. I have labels that I will print it on and then put on the bottles.

Sadly, I don't think the beer is going to turn out very well - as I've learned from the threads here, lager yeast + room temperatures = potential off-flavors. So I may get the raspberry flavor, but the "bock" is probably misleading. :)

I'll be going back to stouts for a while after this, I think.

Back