White Wheat...???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianTheBrewer

Reaction score
So tomorrow I will be brewing my Kolsch recipe. I bought 10 lbs of White Wheat from Austin Homebrew. The reason I bought so much online is that all of the local homebrew shops in the area dont carry white wheat. Have any of you noticed that it is hard to find in your area???

i'd ask your LHBS to start carrying it. you never know, they might have some other people that have asked for it in the past. if so, they might include it on their next order.

i'd ask your LHBS to start carrying it. you never know, they might have some other people that have asked for it in the past. if so, they might include it on their next order.

i know bells here will special order most anything for me, i've got a bag of dingmans malt on order right now.

The issue with the white wheat (according to a few HBS's in our area) is that its not significantly different from malted wheat, so they chose a more widely used wheat malt. Another owner told me that its more seasonal for them. Unfortunately, most home brewers make their summer beers in the winter and vice versa...

Latest posts

Back