temp controller with delay timer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would something like a BCS-460 handle this task? It says 4 timers per process in the literature...Might be good to have more ins/outs down the road.

Does the 460 require a computer always on, or can I just control it with a phone logging in randomly?

Would something like a BCS-460 handle this task? It says 4 timers per process in the literature...Might be good to have more ins/outs down the road.

Does the 460 require a computer always on, or can I just control it with a phone logging in randomly?

You can use any browser device to log onto a BCS when you want to. The BCS stays running by itself and acts as a web device to start / stop / program it's processes as well as report conditions.

Very cool. If there was a power outage would it continue the program or would my fermentor spike in temps when power came back?

grathan said:
Very cool. If there was a power outage would it continue the program or would my fermentor spike in temps when power came back?

You can set it to start running any/all of the programmed processes upon startup. You can create a process for each fermenter and set them to different temps. You can setup more complex processes with temperature ramps and soaking intervals.

You can have any or all processes start on power up, or after a power failure. Unfortunately, processes start with the first step when the power returns. I've set up my fermentation process to start with a compressor delay and then step to a temperature holding state. Restarting to a temperature ramp up/down might be a problem.

Back