Pear extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericd

Reaction score
I want to do a pear saison, adding pear concentrate after primary fermentation finishes. I cannot find pear concentrate anywhere except from industrial suppliers. Can I get it anywhere?

I really do not want to mash up all those pears myself...

Thanks! I've seen that brand around here, but I don't believe I've seen the pear flavor...

I know exactly what you mean. They sell the juices around Phoenix, but the pear is quite rare. I have only found it at WholeFoods, it's a pricey store so I only buy it once in a while.

would a nectar from goya work? i know that goya does a ton of different fruit nectars, not entirely sure if they have a pear one though...

They might work, don't think they have pear flavor. The problem is I don't remember if they were 100% fruit juice. I also can't remember if they use any preservatives. I would drink the juice but, personally, would not use anything less than 100% pure juice without preservatives.

Back