Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PBW works great for me. I sure as hell don't need 10 lbs, but if it gets down to a more reasonable quantity (like 5 lbs) I'd be in on it.

I'm in for 10 pounds at least. It's the only thing I trust running through my chiller.

@ Fijidave, oxy is fine for most things, I use it on almost everything. It just doesn't get the crud off my element in the brew kettle like pbw does.

Noted, for when I go electric

We completed one bucket of PBW without anyone from Sparta or Cookeville included, sorry Paul. Let's do a second bucket of 50#, who wants in and for what amount?

I'll jump on 5# of PBW

Love the Avatar Fijidave. Im from there and am a big fan.. I was planning on using the M one day, but now it would just be copying:Oh well.
Thanks...I was born in TN, but my family is from the suburbs of Detroit. So I just grew up a UofM fan. Always wanted to attend there myself, but it just wasn't in the cards. Can't wait to see what Brady Hoke can do with the team this year. Go ahead, rock the M out!

I'll jump on 5# of PBW

Thanks...I was born in TN, but my family is from the suburbs of Detroit. So I just grew up a UofM fan. Always wanted to attend there myself, but it just wasn't in the cards. Can't wait to see what Brady Hoke can do with the team this year. Go ahead, rock the M out!

Wohoo, I hope he lets Denard do his thing.

_

I'm in for 10 pounds at least. It's the only thing I trust running through my chiller.

@ Fijidave, oxy is fine for most things, I use it on almost everything. It just doesn't get the crud off my element in the brew kettle like pbw does.

_

Do you want me to put you in for 10# or more?

wildwest450 said:
Wohoo, I hope he lets Denard do his thing.

_

Dang, 3 Michigan guys in Tn. Must be the beer thing. If D Rob gets being under center down, well be fine. Go Blue!!

Dang, 3 Michigan guys in Tn. Must be the beer thing. If D Rob gets being under center down, well be fine. Go Blue!!

This will certainly be an interesting season. Robinson should be pretty comfortable by Sept in the pro style since he had a some experience taking snaps under center in high school, and Borges is able to run a decent spread. Blending them together should make for a pretty impressive playbook. I'm wondering which running back will step up, hopefully Smith or Shaw can fill the needed spot effectively. But without Graham and nothing to speak of at cornerback, this is where I'll be watching for some major improvements. As I type this, I am getting fired up for some Michigan football! GO BLUE! :rockin:

The buy now has too many sacks, local guy wants 6 bags of Canadian Pilsner. Derek, it is only you and I on the Biscuit, can we cut that sack out? I have eliminated both the Acid malt and the Roasted Barley due to nobody else wanting to take any.

The buy now has too many sacks, local guy wants 6 bags of Canadian Pilsner. Derek, it is only you and I on the Biscuit, can we cut that sack out? I have eliminated both the Acid malt and the Roasted Barley due to nobody else wanting to take any.

Does that mean you will order soon?:ban:

Hmmm, so adding a sack of 2-row is out of the question now? Could I buy a half bag off some body who has plenty in their stash?

The Honey Malt only has 2 people in it right now, would NO Party and Volsfan be cool if I cancelled that sack? PM me Marc. It looks like I have to cancel the Pale Chocolate as well, sorry Derek:eek:

If we don't get 2 more people for C-20 the second bag will be taken off of the pallet.

1234 said:
The Honey Malt only has 2 people in it right now, would NO Party and Volsfan be cool if I cancelled that sack? PM me Marc. It looks like I have to cancel the Pale Chocolate as well, sorry Derek:eek:

If we don't get 2 more people for C-20 the second bag will be taken off of the pallet.

Understood. I'd love to have much honey malt on hand, but if we can't get enough people that feel the same, then so be it.

I think the pallet will only fit 40 sacks of grain due to the 2 buckets of PBW and the 2 cases of Star San that we would like to order.

The honey malt has a half sack unaccounted for, the c-20 still has room for one person to take 1/5, and we still have 20# of PBW not accounted for.

No PBW left, all 100# accounted for, now lets hope that they will sell it to us and not say that it is part of the brewcraft deal like Briess malt is.

If we can the final 1/5 of a bag of C-20 accounted for I should be able to send the request for quote off tomorrow, if they are open:ban:

I sent an e-mail to NCM just now to ask how many sacks will fit on the pallet along with the 2 PBW buckets and the 2 cases of Star San. I will let you guys know more when I do.

I just got a return e-mail from NCM about the order and how many sacks will fit with the chemicals we want. Only 36 sacks will fit on the pallet if we order 2 buckets of PBW and 2 cases of Star San. We are currently at 42 sacks :confused: We now have to decide, as a group, what we want to do.

I think we should start by taking the biscuit malt off of the pallet, it was the last to be added on the pallet. I think the C-20 should be taken off as well. I can lose my 10# of PBW and be alright with it, can I get anybody to eliminate theirs?
I eliminated FijiDave's 2-row because it was the last full sack requested and I think he was willing to sacrifice it:eek: If I had ordered any base malt by the sack I would gladly take mine sacks off of the pallet but I didn't. Does anybody want to volunteer to take a sack or 2 off of the pallet.

I jumped on half a bag of crystal 40, if we want to drop that one I am good with it too. I'll buy some of that Pale Malt off of you, thanks.

Back