best online vendor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewofwar

Reaction score
I have a problem. I recently moved to an area lacking in home brew shops, and I had to leave all my equipment back where I moved from. I'm looking for a good online vendor, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Also, if this is a repost I apologize, and any hints on finding info on this site that may have already been posted would also be appreciated

Kegconnection, northern brewer, more beer...... tons of good sources.

There are lots of threads about vendors on here

You looking for an extract setup, all grain or brew in a bag?

Check out this thread for plenty of feedback:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/homebrew-supply-websites-701/

Personally, I have had good experiences ordering equipment and ingredients from Midwest Supplies, Austin Homebrew, Williams brewing, and Adventures in Homebrewing. Also have ordered kegging equipment from Keg Connection.

Consider buying grains and hops in bulk since you don't have access to a local shop.

I'm definitely running all grain. apparently my old friend back home has been letting the system gather dust so he's shipping 80% of what I need for a good 3 gallon system. thanks for the tips, and I will definitely be looking for a fulll thread on this but any advice either way on trusting complete beer kits? I'm still not exactly competent when it comes to writing a good recipe, and they seem reasonable

I don't know much about the recipes kits from the online vendors, but you can also look up recipes on line and order what you need to brew them.

I use Austin Homebrew Supply for most of my online purchases of general beer supplies. I used one of AHS's Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone kits and it turned out excellent (not exactly like SNPA, but a very very good beer). I bought my kegging supplies from Keg Connection. I get 1lb bags of hops from Farmhouse Brewing Supply (they also have smaller quantities). I've also purchased some stuff from MoreBeer and Northern Brewer. All have done a great job getting the orders filled and shipped to my door in a timely manner.

I'm so jaded by online vendors at this point, I hesitate to suggest one.
But if there's one I had to suggest, it would be northern brewer.
They have flawless customer service from my experience. Prices aren't the best, but they return emails, ship quickly, and fix any issue you have with your order.

+1 for Northern Brewer.
Pro for bargainfittings.com and chugger pumps.

3 strikes with Midwest (I have waited 3 weeks for them to ship the one item I ordered from them during their Veterans Day sale).

Seems like u have to be a millionaire to afford Austin Brew Supply. Extract kit $88. Crazy.

I find that you can actually use a 5 gallon kit for 3 gallons, at least it worked for this one IPA I tried it with. Went from being a normal IPA to practically a DIPA, but it was the best beer I ever brewed. Granted, trying that with a beer that is already supposed to be 8% would be risky, and probably not practical with the amount of grain involved, but using a 4% to 6% designed 5 gallon beer to create a 7 to 10% 3 gallon beer seems to work fine

I found a new vendor for hardware... seems extremely reasonable. I'll let you know after I get my growler filler for my Perlick 630 SS faucet though... the vendor is Brew International They have Perlick 630SS faucets for $38. They have 630SS Flow Control faucets for $50, etc. I bought a growler filler for less than $10 shipped. Everywhere else was almost half again that much, just for the Perlick growler filler!

Back