Searching For Brewing Information?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdlo17

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm interested in some less common topics like non-co2 ways to dispense, filtering, etc. I've used the search but it's hard to filter out irrelevant returns. Is there an advanced search here? Do you guys have any tips for searching the forum? What are your favorite info sites for brewing topics? Right now I'm just using this forum and looking for podcasts. Thanks!

Check out the Brew Strong episode on filtering. The rest of the Brew Strong shows are full of great info.

I use The Jamil Show when I'm brewing a new style. Go back through the archives to get past the "Can You Brew It" episodes. They cover every style in the BJCP Guidelines.

Non CO2 ways to dispense? Are you looking for beer gas/nitrogen? The only ways I know are CO2, air (keg will go bad quickly), gravity dispensing with the head space replaced by air (like a cask - beer will go bad quickly), and beer gas.

Thanks for the tips guys. Especially that google one. I thought I read someone mention that but forgot about it.
I was actually listening to the BrewStrong filtering recording last night. To summarize the lessons in the podcast: sanitize and push CO2 through the filter and too much yeasty beer will make you explode your pants

Back