HOP schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevecaaster

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i just brewed another batch and when i got done i realized I screwed up my boil schedule. I did everything as planned and introduced my finishing hops at 5 minutes before the end of the boil, but the boil lasted 40 minutes instead of the normal 60 (so my bittering hops were boiled for 40 instead of 60 min). anyone know if this will affect the outcome of the beer?
Thanks again everyone! have a nice day!:rockin:

[/QUOTE]What was the recipe?
Was it AG or extract?[/QUOTE]

It was a brown ale, brewers best, halertieu(spelling?) hops, with 3 # of light DME and a 3.3lb can of light LME, nottingham yeast in the orange packet... I hope it doesnt suck! thanks again

Don't worry, it won't suck. Like said above, you will just lose a little hop bitterness, and have a little more hop flavor and aroma due to it not getting boiled off as much. All you did was make the malt flavor a bit more pronounced, which will result in a little sweeter tasting brew, but probably not by much.

Tell us what your schedule actually was, amounts and times added, and we can let you know about how sweet or bitter it will be.

Back