Closet Clean Up Mystery Batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Mainebrew

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to run this by you:

I'd like to use up a few lb of grain, and I've got various hops, a few yeasts on hand and I'm trying to decide what to do with them. I have:

4 lb wheat
2 lb vienna
1 lb munich
4-8 oz of various darker grains/crystal malts from a couple Kate the Great batches in September
~ 1 lb CTZ
~ 1 lb Norther Brewer
~ 12 oz Centennial
1 oz cascade
1 oz galena
0.5 oz of a handful of others
1 pack S-04
1 pack S-33
Some washed Munich Lager yeast (gettin' old though)

Anyways, I figured that I could make a small 3 gallon batch of wheat with the wheat, vienna and munich and the oz of cascade. Then its just a matter of whether to use the S-04 or the S-33. I would like to use the S-33 and ferment it at like 55 (I know the low end of the recommended ferm temp is 15C or 59 F), to keep it clean, but I am pretty noncommittal at this point.

I have a Farmhouse Belgian Stout on tap, and a Kate the Great RIS in secondary and a Schwarz lagering so I think I'm all set with making any more stouts/dark beers. I have a Pale Ale fermenting and an IPA ready to keg now too, so I'd just like something different.

Let me know your concoctions based on what I've got laying around. Thanks!

Well I brewed up an American Wheat today with the S-33 and the cascade and am fermenting at 59F. We'll see...

Back