Stout Tanks and Kettles???? Anyone home???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frothy3001

Reaction score
Ive been trying to get an order through to stout tanks, ive emailed several times but no response, Is this normal for them? Do i have to wait a few more days to get a response? Im not angry, i would just like a response so i can order. i live in canada so i cant buy thru the website i have to request a quote. i emailed 4 days ago, not a peep from them. Anyone else have any experience with them and is this normal for them.

I've been contacting them about a 7bbl system and haven't had any problems getting a response daily. I'd shoot them another email.

Depending on who your e-mail host is, it's possible that it's getting dumped into his SPAM folder. I've had that happen before (with a different person)... It took using an alternative e-mail address to get through.

ill give them another day i guess, left a message on there facebook page to see if im going into the junk mail. Maybe he is just busy or like you said im considered spam or something.
Cheers!

facebook worked, got a quick response within an hour. He is trying to catch up on old emails.

Its crazy these days why no one will pick up a phone and call if they want to spend money. Is it guilt or whats the deal? I have tons of people that email me all the time, but no personal phone call. Crazy.

i would call him if i could, ive looked for a number everywhere but no go, the only way im able to get a hold of him is thru email. Personally i would call 100% of the time over email. If Stout Tanks had a phone number i wouldnt be here online wondering what was going on. Unless im missing something, he does not have a phone.

Its all good folks, took a few days to get a hold of him but, he did responded and my fermenter is on order. I also found his phone number and was able to talk to him directly. That also gave me a lot of confidence in my purchase. I will post here again to let you know how quick it came to my door step.

CHEERS!

How pricey was the shipping to Canada? I'm considering going the same route! Thanks!

Hi,

This is John from Stout Tanks. Sometimes we get a lot of emails, compounded with a summer reunion/vacation last week. We're working to respond better and faster.

Thanks John, glad you responded about this. Been looking to order.

it was $120 for shipping which brought the 7gallon fermenter to 440, i was then hit by a 120 border fee, 560 total price to get in my door. Still cheaper than buying here in ontario, around $740 for a 7 gallon.

Back