Kegerator kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven4est

Reaction score
SO for christmas my gf is buying me a kegertor kit and mini fridge with my money. Works for me! any ways im looking for a good mini fridge that looks nice and will work well and a nice conversion kit. I want to have two kegs in it and a two tap tower. Im not sure if any tower fits with any system or not also id like to change out the handle eventually if possible. Any reccomendations on good quality and price is much appreciated thanks.

You want the Sanyo 4912 and all your gear from kegconnection.com. There's many online tutorials on exactly how to convert the Sanyo into a kegerator. HTT

If you can't find a Sanyo check out the Frigidaire at your local Lowe's store. With the frigidaire you will have to relocate the thermostat, but aside from that it was very easy to convert. I just did one last week. You can check out the pics in my profile. I also got my keg kit from keg connection. They have supre fast shipping and great customer service.

If you can't find a Sanyo check out the Frigidaire at your local Lowe's store. With the frigidaire you will have to relocate the thermostat, but aside from that it was very easy to convert. I just did one last week. You can check out the pics in my profile. I also got my keg kit from keg connection. They have supre fast shipping and great customer service.

+1 on the frigidaire, you can just reverse the thermostat and leave the light gaurd off and everything will fit just fine.

another +1 for kegconnection. I had already purchased a tower since i got an awesome deal on one with 2 taps. I called up and ordered a more custom kit and got a great deal. i forget the guy i talk to, a manager maybe. But they actually sent me a dual body regulator! :mug:

Can it fit two ball locks? I'm guessing so since you have to faucets, but I just want to make sure. What model number was it?

Thanks,

Yes it can Snausages01 Frigidaire Model FRC445GB. i got mine locally from craigslist for $100 basically brand new.

again here's my conversion i just posted in another thread.
http://picasaweb.google.com/soundspicasa/Kegerator?authkey=Gv1sRgCNjcy5rukP6MlAE#

Thanks for the information. I've seend part of that build, but I hadn't seen all of the pictures.

It looks like I maybe getting that one in a couple of days. :rockin:

How well does the copper pipe keep the beer cold in the tower? I was planning on do that or adding a fan, but I'd rather do the copper pipe if it works well enough.

Get a danby 4.4, works great. All models are designed like this and are very easy to convert.
http://www.thegatesofdawn.ca/wordpress/homebrewing/kegerator/

Use kegconnection as well.

I looked at getting the danby since there was a local one on craigslist for cheap, but i didn't like the fact i'd have to bend the freezer to get it out of the way. That's what so nice about the frigidaire(and i think sanyo) they just use a removable shelf instead of a "unit".

You've probably seen this before, but what the hey. It's a video tutorial for the Sanyo conversion. I got my Sanyo in like-new condition for $75 on Craigslist. It retailed at Best Buy and Home Depot for $295.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back