MI summer brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriktlupus

Reaction score
anyone want to have a brewtogether somewhere in southern michigan? i'll offer up my place since i have the space to accomodate multiple brewers. we'll just need some filters since i have very hard and iron rich water. i'm right off exit 100 on I-94. however if someone else wants to host i have no problem driving.

Didn't know you live so close to where I used to live. I used to live near the corner of 6-1/2 Mile and Golden.

I'll be in town this weekend, maybe we can get together sometime at Arcadia. Won't be able to brew :(

If YOU want to drive- I've got the perfect place!

Otherwise, let me know of the date/time and I'll do my best to get there!

yoops i'd love to make it up there but 12hrs of driving or 4-6hrs and the boat is just a little much for me.

Didn't know you live so close to where I used to live. I used to live near the corner of 6-1/2 Mile and Golden.

I'll be in town this weekend, maybe we can get together sometime at Arcadia. Won't be able to brew :(

danggit,,,my friday nite brewclub isn't going this week(host is sick) otherwise i'd get you over there. but a meet a arcadia is definitel possible. hit me with a pm for when you can make it.

I will actually be up in michigan for the first couple weeks in July and would love to get together on a decent brew day...Will be staying around Mt. Pleasant area and would have no problem driving a couple hours either way to get one going...I dont know how much equipment I can support, but will help out in any way possible....

Do you ahve any dates in mind or what kind of brew your looking into??

I'd love to meet for a brew day! I'm in Reed City and would drive there. Just need to work out the date around any current plans. Summer seems to be booking up fast.

I will actually be up in michigan for the first couple weeks in July and would love to get together on a decent brew day...Will be staying around Mt. Pleasant area and would have no problem driving a couple hours either way to get one going...I dont know how much equipment I can support, but will help out in any way possible....

Do you ahve any dates in mind or what kind of brew your looking into??

I live about 6 miles form mt pleasant, are you visiting someone at CMU?

Hadn't seen this until just now. There is a thread in MM, and I've offered up my place. I'm in Perry, between Flint and Lansing off of I-69 at M-52. Just trying to find a day that suits everyone.

HBT MI BREWDAY

Brew At Henry's
Saturday June 13th, 9:00AM.

I'll do some burgers, maybe a chili, bring a dish to pass.
Kids are not recommended; we party.
Big in-ground pool for the lady's. Bring swimming suits. We'll be 6 paces from the pool, in my garage.
I have nice well water. Burner brewing only.

Send me a PM with your zipcode for a Mapquest link.

Not sure what I have time for but I would like to stop in for a bit. I wont be draging my rig that far but I may ride down on the bike and hang out.
PM me your address and the date/time and I will see what I can do.

Brew At Henry's
Saturday June 13th, 9:00AM.

I'll do some burgers, maybe a chili, bring a dish to pass.
Kids are not recommended; we party.
Big in-ground pool for the lady's. Bring swimming suits. We'll be 6 paces from the pool, in my garage.
I have nice well water. Burner brewing only.

Send me a PM with your zipcode for a Mapquest link.

so how many do we have for this henry?

I am shooting to be there around noon or before. It all depends, I have to do a 50 mile bike ride followed by a 3 mile run. So if I get my butt up and get it done early I'll be there sooner.

I am shooting to be there around noon or before. It all depends, I have to do a 50 mile bike ride followed by a 3 mile run. So if I get my butt up and get it done early I'll be there sooner.

i'm wondering if henry realizes the MIS race is on the day after this or not.

oh yeah and this is lame since no one else wants to come brew? do you guys not realize that MBC is like 6miles away from henry?

To date:Erik, xaing and myself, with a couple drive-bys. I left a slam in MM about how nobody posts in MM and most can't even bow out in a post.

I would definitely come, but I'm not at home, I'm actually here:

michigan_ref_BigMap.jpg

OK, weather looks nice , 74-75, 40% chance of showers so a little muggy, pool is at 78 today, and I was told that Stu, the brewer from MBC, would make it over about 12 to slam.

I'm doing a mini mash so I should have time to organize, assist, cook and still get full on fukked up, so this should be very nice.:D

I'm still planning to come down. I'm doing a Triathlon clinic at 8 am then I'll need to either head home and clean up (adding an hour and a half) or just head down from there.
So it may end up closer to 2 before I'm there. Will you still be brewing?

No problem, we'll be here.

As a suggestion, throw on a suit and jump into the pool, save yourself the hour and half, and gain yourself some more fun.

It's a 20x40 inground, and it should be warmer than the air by a few degrees.;)

Bring beers to share!

I just got done with the Tri clinic and now the wife is saying she wants to go up to the cabin for the night. I don't think driving down there, drinking, then driving back up to then drive more up north is going to workout for me.
So I'm sorry to say that I wont be making it down there. Sucks I wanted to meet you but maybe next time I can.
Hope the brew day went well. :mug:

I would still love to brew first couple weeks of JUly if people are interested...got a hold of no1likes me who is interested as well...I just need someone who can help me out with some equipment cuz he is only big enough for 5 gallons...anyone that can accomodate ten wanting to get in...I can bring some stuff...just not a ton...

Thank you for hosting the brew day HenryHill. The SWMBO and I had a good time. Erik's coffee urn hlt was cool to see. The ESB was bubbling away before we got home. Gotta love the S-04. :mug:

glad you liked it. also good to see you made it home and the baby was in good spirits.

hopefully we can do it again later in the summer and get some more brewers together.

I'm thrilled that there was a MI Summer BrewDay 1. The Rauchbier is also bubbling at 48*, we tore up the brats, and I only have a couple of containers of chili leftover in freezer.

We got a few pics of the Online Predators :D, cleanup was a breeze, and we're back up early to go to Races at MIS, today.

I'm glad that you guys made it over, it was great to meet you, xiang and Heather, and EricT's SWMBO, Kim. I tried telling you about Z, but NOW you guys get it, don't you? ;)

Eric, I need to get back down to Hershel's and hang out. Tell him 'Hey' for me, until I can.

OK, time to pack the coolers, get the gear packed up, and start drinking heavy again. Pics of the Online Predators as soon as I can. :D

Back