Durham, NC - Brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el_horno

Reaction score
Any home brewers from Durham here? I would like to start chatting with more local folks who home brew!

Check out TRUB, the local homebrew club, and also check out BrewDurham:

Where: The Scrap Exchange 923 Franklin Street
When: Saturday, October 20th, 1-8 pm

Brewers: Bring your beer, 10 gallons preferably, and serve it. Brewers get event tickets and food truck vouchers as a thanks you for your support. In addition, the Scrap Exchange offers donation receipts so your time and effort can be tax-deductible. We'll have ice and dump buckets. Bull City Homebrew will be offering a 15% discount on ingredients to BrewDurham brewers.

Drinkers: 2 sessions, 1 pm -4 pm and 5 pm - 8 pm. Tickets are $30, and will be available online. Tickets sold out last time, so make sure to get yours early. Tickets will go on sale October 1st.

Food trucks, live music, donuts, and as much homebrew as you can handle. BrewDurham 2 had 32 brewers, 82 beers, and served locally-brewed beer to almost 400 people. I expect that this event will be even bigger and better! All proceeds go to benefit The Scrap Exchange, which has been serving the Durham Community for over 20 years.

For info on our last event and a video showing what the event looks like, head over to www.brewdurham.com

Check out TRUB, the local homebrew club, and also check out BrewDurham:

Where: The Scrap Exchange 923 Franklin Street
When: Saturday, October 20th, 1-8 pm

Brewers: Bring your beer, 10 gallons preferably, and serve it. Brewers get event tickets and food truck vouchers as a thanks you for your support. In addition, the Scrap Exchange offers donation receipts so your time and effort can be tax-deductible. We'll have ice and dump buckets. Bull City Homebrew will be offering a 15% discount on ingredients to BrewDurham brewers.

Drinkers: 2 sessions, 1 pm -4 pm and 5 pm - 8 pm. Tickets are $30, and will be available online. Tickets sold out last time, so make sure to get yours early. Tickets will go on sale October 1st.

Food trucks, live music, donuts, and as much homebrew as you can handle. BrewDurham 2 had 32 brewers, 82 beers, and served locally-brewed beer to almost 400 people. I expect that this event will be even bigger and better! All proceeds go to benefit The Scrap Exchange, which has been serving the Durham Community for over 20 years.

For info on our last event and a video showing what the event looks like, head over to www.brewdurham.com

Facebook event says oct 15th

Pretty informal group, not much on the educational side, but we do meet every month and taste any beers that are brought, feedback is given. Worth a shot.

I live in Knightdale, work in Raleigh. I am interested to check out trub. When is the next meeting, and do you have a website?

Live in Clayton. Work in Raleigh. I have not checked out TRUB or any other homebrew club yet. Only been brewing since May.

Thanks for the info. I will try to make it out there some time soon. That means the next meeting is on the 10th, right?

Cary, here. There are lots of brewers in the Triangle area. Look for GRABASS events. They do group brews and bulk grain buys regularly.

I live near Pittsboro, but work in Hillsborough and meet there with the Hillsborough Homebrew Club that grew out of the Nash Street Homebrew Store. We meet the first Wednesday of every month at Mystery Brewery to sample one another's beers and give feedback. It's a very positive and encouraging environment with a full range of brewing experience and interests. Anyone in the area should come by and check it out.

Cheers,
Kevin

Beerthoven, GRABASS no longer does events and buys here on HBT. Too many rules. We have our own little slice of heaven for that now. Ask Walker if you don't know where to find us.

Live and work in Apex, though I've never joined or been to any club functions so I can't recommend anything.

Back