So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got ginger cooking right now for a hard ginger ale batch... Only 3 gallons this time, since it's my first time brewing it, and I could only get about 2.5# of fresh ginger root... Hope to get it to about 12% ABV... :D:drunk::rockin:

Finally able to brew - baby shower is out of the way, and it definitely kicked both of my kegs so it's time to restock! Brewing up an English/Asian fusion IPA today, then a raspberry wheat this week, followed by a brown ale once I get my fermenter freed up.

Brewing up 21A's Bitter American because my local BevMo has been lazy about stocking it.

EDIT: I'm finding brewing to be easier when I DON'T sample a few previous batches during the process. I'm thinking I'll be more likely to clean stuff up immediately after brewing! Weird how that works.

Turns out I'm a bachelor this weekend, so what better to celebrate spring with the planting of my hops, and some brewing.

2 batches (I hope): Green Flash West Coast IPA clone, and a Saison. If I get real adventurous, I'll get the no-boil Berlinerweisse in the fermenter as well.

I haven't really decided what I want to brew yet, I've done an IPA, PA, and Nut Brown, and am looking at my next choices. I will be mulling this over today and tomorrow (freely accepting suggestions). Brewday=sunday

Bottle Irish Summer Ale and Honey Blond Ale Friday.

Brewing AHS Low Carb Ale Saturday and then Karankawa Pale Ale Sunday. Going to be a busy weekend.

Thursday I'm bottling an Irish Red and Saison then making a starter for Friday night's IIPA, and Friday I'll brew the IIPA and make a starter for Saturday morning's California Common. Also a busy weekend ahead.

Signed
Friday bottling Brooklyn breweries chocolate maple porter
Saturday brewing a blond ale possibly with some fruit
All while trying to find another glass carboy and accessories to go with it on the cheap so I can get more batches going at once

I haven't really decided what I want to brew yet, I've done an IPA, PA, and Nut Brown, and am looking at my next choices. I will be mulling this over today and tomorrow (freely accepting suggestions). Brewday=sunday

Stouts are always good this time of year, it will have time to age by the time it starts getting cold again and you feel like drinking something heavier than a IPA/PA.

This weekend is family holiday time so I got my brewing done this week. Called out from work yesterday and brewed 10 gallons of Irish red. Stayed up late tonight to do an extract 3-gallon test batch of Czech pilsner. That was my first extract batch in years!

e2817705.jpg

I'll be visiting my mom and them in the mountains of North Carolina for Memorial Day, so I'll be brewing for that event this weekend!

I've already brewed a Kölsch and Biere de Guard "style" beer and will be fake lagering the Kölsch as well as I possibly can using a steady ice and water bath for a couple weeks. I know it's not going to be a true lager, but it might help.

THIS weekend I'll be bottling the Biere and brewing an Irish Red and an ESB. (5 gallon all grain batches)

...BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!

Beautiful weather calls for some refreshing pale ale! Brewing up our pale ale recipe (Centennial/Citra hops, a tiny bit coriander, and a little lemon peel) -- the only difference this time is we're trying a less attenuative yeast strain (WLP051 vs. WLP001) to see how if we like the balance better that way. It was really, really good with a dry finish... but gotta tinker! Came out around 1.005-1.006 last time, this time we're shooting for about 1.010-1.011.

I am starting a 2.5 gallon batch of dandelion wine right now after spending the better part of 3 hours cutting the green bottoms off of the flowers. I just malted about 40 pounds of barley, 20 as 2 row, 10 as crystal malt, and the rest as pilsen malt. I plan on making a big belgian beer with it soon.

Just bottled 3 gallon batch of pale ale that looks clearer than any beer so far at bottling time. Gotta love BRITA filtered water...

Brewing 4.5 gallons of traditional German Hefe Saturday... great week.

Gonna do a 5 gallon AG Czech pilsner this weekend (not sure if it will be Friday or Saturday). 9.5 lbs Weyermann Pils; 0.75 lb Carapils; 0.25 lb Caramunich. Saaz hops at 90 mins, 45 mins, 15 mins. 122 for 20 minutes; 155 for 60 minutes; decoct to mashout around 170. Saflager s-23 2 packs rehydrated pitched & fermented at 55 degrees.

SnallygasterBrewery said:
Beautiful weather calls for some refreshing pale ale! Brewing up our pale ale recipe (Centennial/Citra hops, a tiny bit coriander, and a little lemon peel) -- the only difference this time is we're trying a less attenuative yeast strain (WLP051 vs. WLP001) to see how if we like the balance better that way. It was really, really good with a dry finish... but gotta tinker! Came out around 1.005-1.006 last time, this time we're shooting for about 1.010-1.011.

Curious to your hop schedule, especially with the citra. I just did an all citra apa and its decent. Definitely got a good aroma, but I think it might be better to use it with diff hops, and maybe at later additions.

I'm at minimum going to bottle or keg my porter this weekend :) the samples of this monster have been delicious! It actually hit 1.082, so its not really to style, but I dont care. Can't wait to get it carbed up. I need a bigger kegerator!

Curious to your hop schedule, especially with the citra. I just did an all citra apa and its decent. Definitely got a good aroma, but I think it might be better to use it with diff hops, and maybe at later additions.

Here's the recipe:

6.6 lbs Maris Otter (we're using Crisp's)
0.4 lbs Crystal 60

0.8 oz Centennial @ 60 minutes
1 oz Citra @ 30 minutes
1 oz Citra @ 5 minutes
0.5 oz coriander, crushed @ 5 minutes
0.5 oz dried lemon peel @ 5 minutes
1 oz Citra dry hopped in keg

Mash @ 152F for 60 minutes
OG/FG: 1.045/1.010-1.011 (@ 85% extract efficiency)

WLP051 w/ starter (001 worked well, but like I said -- always gotta mess with it!). Simple recipe allowing the hops room to do their thang.

As far as Citra applications, we've stuck with flavor/aroma, mostly. And we love what it brings to the table -- really some lovely aroma in there. I suppose it could be used a dual-purpose hop, though; it definitely has high AA% and oil concentrations (we're using whole leaf Citra rated at about 13.5% AA and Hop Growers of America lists its oil concentration between 2.2-2.5 -- which is a huge amount. Though they suggest it as a flavor/aroma hop and not dual-purpose).

Hey Everyone,

First of all...have a great weekend!!!

I am going to brew a Paulaner style weizen this weekend from notes I gathered from a post in the Northern Brewer site intitled “The Great Bavarian Weissbier Project of 2007/2008”. In those massive threads is a double infusion mash recipe. However, I think I will use a single infusion, double sparge method instead. I have tried double infusion before and failed miserably.

We shall see how it turns out in a few weeks.

Happy Hopping... :)

TripHops

Just knocked out a Shiner Bock clone and tomorrow morning I will brew up my Oktoberfest. That way they can both lager at the same time.

Brewing a Summer ale. Missed my strike temp. by 2 degrees, a little boiling water and all is right with the world again!

Being 10 gallons of centennial blonde. Crappy day out. This beer better be good! I'm sure it will new though.

Wasn't planning on brewing til tomorrow but were supposed to get some nasty storms. Today however is perfect. Waiting for my chocolate milk stout to cool down. Smells wonderful and I got 80% efficiency! Love BIAB.

Back