Forgot my keg connects and i'm at a picnic!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewkowski

Reaction score
Is there anything I can actually do??? Can't believe I forgot my disconnects, too many things to put in the car with the baby. I think the beer is carbed, am i best off taking releasing the pressure and then siphoning it into pitchers? I'm sooooo pissed at myself right now. Please help.

Unless you're McGuiver, siphoning is probably the only thing you can do. But, if its carbed as you say and you drink fast, I think you'll be fine.

Well, siphoning was the best option. Poured it in pitchers and went drown pretty smooth, but at 9.5 ABV I had to take it slow. I tried calling the Pepsi bottling company because they have a bottling or distribution division there, but they were closed. Also tried calling a few bars to see if they could point me in the right direction, but of course they idea.

Is there anything I can actually do??? Can't believe I forgot my disconnects, too many things to put in the car with the baby. I think the beer is carbed, am i best off taking releasing the pressure and then siphoning it into pitchers? I'm sooooo pissed at myself right now. Please help.

Note to self: Yet another reason to avoid having kids.

so here's the question. We only finished about half the keg and it was sitting with the lid half on and a siphon hose sticking out of it. I didn't get more CO2 on it until the next morning, how much damage might I have done from oxygen expososure? I'm bottling off the remainder of the keg now for storage purposes but I haven't tried one yet.

Drink it within the next few weeks and I doubt you have much issue. I wouldn't try any long-term storage though.

You think it was carbed? :drunk: you really would have been out of luck serving flat beer :D glad you were able to work it out

well, it looks like it did run flat. I just bottled the remaining amount and tried a bottle last night. Pretty damn flat. With the the right carb level this was a really tasty brew. Another rookie mistake. Live and learn I guess.

Back