Just kegged !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creepersale

Reaction score
New to kegging. Just kegged my second batch! But have logistical problem lol. My Kezzer is also my fermentation chamber ! So just bled oxygen out. And capped with about 12 psi and disconnected co2 line can I age like this or ??? What do you guys do I didn't cold crash before kegging so do you have to carb or can I coast???

Cheers kegging

you can leave it as you have it. Obviously, before you drink it, you'll need to keep it on constant CO2 or do one of the crash carbing methods to get it to carb up, but for aging, imo, there is nothing better than a keg, no light, no air, you couldn't ask for anything better.

My last couple of brews, I've just went from primary right into the keg after three weeks, purged the headspace with CO2, then let it sit until there was room in the fridge. Worked perfectly.

Sounds good. I've only got two kegs. But really like the idea of getting a couple more kegs. And stay ahead no matter how long it takes to clear fridg. You have aged beer on hand. Cause I've drinking young brew and have learned to TRY. To let them sit at room temp. And if what I'm doing is fine like you said no light no O2 makings for some good brew !!!!

Beer-lord said:
I gas up my kegs and purge a bit as soon as I keg them. I routinely have them sitting at room temp for 2-4 weeks before I may have keg space. No problems at all for me.

:)

Back