Hops Group Buy in Chicago #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dbrewski said:
I know this is an admin function, I was just expressing what I felt we needed to see, using shorthand. Total pounds ordered of each variety.

It is only needed in this case because of the limits. I just am not going to spend my time doing one off functionality versus building out features that will be needed on going.

The data you posted filled my request quite well, no further work needed. Great job on all the development so far. :mug:

dbrewski said:
I know this is an admin function, I was just expressing what I felt we needed to see, using shorthand. Total pounds ordered of each variety.

Also this is only needed for the 4 varieties which by my post above will let you know where we stand. I do not mean to come off short but a lot I work has been spent in the past few days getting things working so this can be done. Rebuilding functionality is just not high on my list.

Brewenstein said:
Think I ordered 2 pounds cascade, 1 pound centennial, 1 pound perle, but I really can't tell. All I can see is the available splits. Am I missing something? :confused:

If you so not see your items then you have nothing ordered. I know centennial was pulled maybe peeled was as well.

ghoti said:
Yes we are currently over by a couple of pounds

If we're over on cascade I can cut a few pounds. I ordered extra to help us meet the requirement. With simcoe as well so let me know.

I don't need nearly as much as I ordered haha. Just trying to help out.

So it looks like we need another 11# of Simcoe, who is in on that goofy Simcoe split 3 ways? It would be nice if they fixed it and then hopefully we could get an even 88# ordered.

OK, nobody open any more Simcoe. We just need to fill out the remaining outstanding.

I'm heading to northern Wi deer hunting this weekend. I'm going to be out in the sticks (no internet). I can pay now or on my way out of town Friday, or when I come back monday night. Or I can drive into a town to get wi-fi, if we know when this thing is going to end?
Where is the spread sheat? How do I see my name? I can loge onto the add hops link. I can add hops, but it only show my closed/open shares, is there another spread sheet that I can see?

I'm heading to northern Wi deer hunting this weekend. I'm going to be out in the sticks (no internet). I can pay now or on my way out of town Friday, or when I come back monday night. Or I can drive into a town to get wi-fi, if we know when this thing is going to end?
Where is the spread sheat? How do I see my name? I can loge onto the add hops link. I can add hops, but it only show my closed/open shares, is there another spread sheet that I can see?

check your PM for the spreadsheet link

From the spreadsheet...total pounds per variety, this is not splits:

AHTANUM 9
CASCADE 39
CENTENNIAL TYPE 31
COLUMBUS 2
CZ SAAZ 1
GR HALLERTAU 1
GR MAGNUM 1
HALLERTAU 4
Hop Vareity 0
NZ MOTUEKA 12
PERLE 3
SAAZ 7
SIMCOE 71
STYRIAN GOLDING 3
SUMMIT 4
TETTNANG 4
UK EAST KENT GOLDING 11
UK FUGGLE 11
WARRIOR 11
WILLAMETTE 6
ZYTHOS 33

i am going to have to make a new spreadsheet since the link was publicly posted. the sheet has price sensitive information that is meant for group buy participants. please do not post the link publicly.

Someone please help close cascade and centennial! I can't store any more hops properly!

It looks like 4 more pounds of cascade would close it. 2 more pounds of Ahtanum, anyone? I already have 2. And if Neopol added 11lbs of Simcoe after the spreadsheet it looks like (?) this split would take us to 88. That's 7 more lbs to close it.

Unfortunately if we don't close that Simcoe split we will lose 44lbs.

New spreadsheet and new link is in the database notes section. Please do not post anything with pricing information in public. thanks.

We are over on Cascade, so if you are in the active split it will be removed unless we get another 37 pounds.

ok I will update this with the latest spreadsheet, but this is current as of spreadsheet #2. These are pounds ordered on that spreadsheet, followed by my notes showing what I think needs to happen to close the splits. This is most likely not 100% accurate! But it might clear up the picture a bit. The pounds ordered and the pounds needed don't always match...people are adding and dropping pounds, so my notes are off the current splits website.

AHTANUM 9 needs 2 to close
CASCADE 39 needs 4 to close
CENTENNIAL TYPE 31 closed
COLUMBUS 2 needs 9 to close
CZ SAAZ 1 ? if a split is 11lbs, needs 4 more
GR HALLERTAU 1 ? if a split is 11lbs, needs 2 more
GR MAGNUM 1 need 9 more to close
HALLERTAU 4 this is a 44lb minimum, right?
NZ MOTUEKA 12 looks closed but why 12 instead of 11?
PERLE 3 needs 8 more
SAAZ 7 this is a 44lb minimum, may not close?
SIMCOE 71 if Neopol added 11, this sits at 82, need 88
STYRIAN GOLDING 3 need roughly 9 more to close (someone drop one?)
SUMMIT 4 need 6 more to close
TETTNANG 4 need 7 more to close
UK EAST KENT GOLD 11 closed
UK FUGGLE 11 closed
WARRIOR 11 closed
WILLAMETTE 6 need 6 to close
ZYTHOS 33 closed

It looks like 4 more pounds of cascade would close it. 2 more pounds of Ahtanum, anyone? I already have 2. And if Neopol added 11lbs of Simcoe after the spreadsheet it looks like (?) this split would take us to 88. That's 7 more lbs to close it.

Unfortunately if we don't close that Simcoe split we will lose 44lbs.

Wait, 88 lbs is two full 44 lb splits, no? Why do we need 7 more lbs. I too am so confused right now. :drunk:

I was updating the data as there was more that 11 people on a couple of splits which would have caused some problems.

Also he is the updated totals pounds per type. Be aware these totals include outstanding splits, so for those that require 44 we need them to be 4 or 8 complete orders to purchase. If over then we will remove those splits over the 44 lb limit.

AHTANUM 2
AU TOPAZ 3
CASCADE 5
CENTENNIAL TYPE 4
COLUMBUS 2
GR HALLERTAU 2
GR MAGNUM 2
HALLERTAU 3
NZ MOTUEKA 3
PERLE 2
SAAZ 2
SIMCOE 7
STYRIAN GOLDING 2
TETTNANG 2
UK EAST KENT GOLDING 2
UK FUGGLE 3
WARRIOR 2
WILLAMETTE 2
ZYTHOS 5

5 x11 is 55 pounds so the open Cascade put us over the 44 pound limit.

Sorry about posting the link, won't happen again.

Maybe we should set a terminal order date and post what is needed to fill from there and only take orders on HBT for a day or two to clean up the stragglers?

If you so not see your items then you have nothing ordered. I know centennial was pulled maybe peeled was as well.

I do see it as ordered, but I see no spread sheet, so I was / am confused. I just want to make sure that I actually have an order so that I am not sending money for something I will not be getting.

I do see it as ordered, but I see no spread sheet, so I was / am confused. I just want to make sure that I actually have an order so that I am not sending money for something I will not be getting.

the spreadsheet link is in the notes section of the database

The nz motueka has 12 lbs, I'm on for 4 and other folks are 1 or 2, go ahead and reduce me 1. And this assumes its available even.

OK, so I know ghoti put a ton of time and effort into this hop buy and for that I and I'm sure many others are extremely gracious. I sincerely offer my thanks, and please don't consider this as criticism but rather constructive help.

Once this buy is completed, I'm wondering if the increments can include the 44 lb option. I think part of the massive confusion right now is that people think every 11 lb split will be available for the 44 lb increments.

Regardless of what ends up happening, I can't thank ghoti and Bill enough for making this happen! I should have an imperial brown IPA to share with both of you by the time the hops arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back