Personalized Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this Spam?

• Yes

• No

• Nader

Results are only viewable after voting.

2y1y1z2

Reaction score
So, I just got a book, The Hidden Truth of Your Name, and apparently there are certain botanicals associated with a person's name, usually just three. It got me to thinking about making brews specifically for a person based on the botanicals associated with their names. For example, my name's Sean and the botanicals associated with Sean are Beetroot, Lungwort, and Strawberry. Now, it doesn't sound too great, but it might not be that bad.

What do you guys think, and what would be the best way to go about doing this?

Also, there's about 700 names in the book, so if you'd like to know what your botanicals are, I can likely tell you.

If this turns out to be not so bad, I'll start making brews for my friends. I can't wait to get to Amber's. Her botanicals are Cherry, Dandelion, and Strawberry. :)

HMMMM. I'm curious what my "botanicals" are...

RYAN

You got that name in your book?

How about

TINA or CHRISTINA???

or

VIOLET??

When I first read this, I thought spam ... but there was no link to the book so I thought it was legit.

So if it is spam, it's not very good spam :)

This poll should be:

Is it gay to know the botanical association for your name? The choices could be "manly", "metrosexual", "gay", or "flamer"!

casper0074 said:
This poll should be:

Is it gay to know the botanical association for your name? The choices could be "manly", "metrosexual", "gay", or "flamer"!

If you're comfortable with your sexuality, there's no threat.

Maybe the OP likes the concept of spamming but doesn't want any commercial gain from it. A "soul spammer" as it were.

I said spam, but if not let me know what the botanicals for ABDULKAREEM are.
Thanks

Cheers

lol Not spam, just a sleepy OP. Here's what I got from the names given:

Benjamin - Caraway, Marjoram, Oats, Parsley
Christina - Lettuce, Cucumber, Plantain
Dave - Marjoram, Parsley, Haze, Oats
David - Sage, Spinach, Medlar
Doug - Plantain, Lettuce, Cabbage, Chicory
Douglas - Blackberry, Elder, Juniper, Hops
Evan - Dog rose, Violets, Almonds, Walnuts
Leana - Not in the book, sorry.
Ryan - Sage, Spinach, Iceland Moss
Tina - Marsh Mallow, Pilewort, Ragwort
Violet - Colewort, Plantain, Cabbage

I don't know whether I should go by birth name or the most commonly used name for the person. My father's birth name is David, but everyone calls him Dave. Also, different botanicals are listed for different spellings of the same name.

2y1y1z2 said:
lol Not spam, just a sleepy OP. Here's what I got from the names given:

Benjamin - Caraway, Marjoram, Oats, Parsley
Christina - Lettuce, Cucumber, Plantain
Dave - Marjoram, Parsley, Haze, Oats
David - Sage, Spinach, Medlar
Doug - Plantain, Lettuce, Cabbage, Chicory
Douglas - Blackberry, Elder, Juniper, Hops
Evan - Dog rose, Violets, Almonds, Walnuts
Leana - Not in the book, sorry.
Ryan - Sage, Spinach, Iceland Moss
Tina - Marsh Mallow, Pilewort, Ragwort

I don't know whether I should go by birth name or the most commonly used name for the person. My father's birth name is David, but everyone calls him Dave. Also, different botanicals are listed for different spellings of the same name.

Game Over!!! I win!!!!!

:D

I'll jump in too. Hows about Danny or Daniel.

How do they come up with it? "Hm, that looks like it would go well with a 'Bob'."

Before we all go skipping down the garden path together, I have question for 2y1y1z2, the OP.

Do you brew, have you brewed, do you intend to brew?

If the answer is yes, let's hear about it!
If the answer is no, then I suggest we make this our goodbye.

Bear in mind, a couple of mods almost clipped this thread and insta-banned you because it looked suspiciously spam-like.

olllllo said:
Before we all go skipping down the garden path together, I have question for 2y1y1z2, the OP.

Do you brew, have you brewed, do you intend to brew?

If the answer is yes, let's hear about it!
If the answer is no, then I suggest we make this our goodbye.

Bear in mind, a couple of mods almost clipped this thread and insta-banned you because it looked suspiciously spam-like.
I intend to brew. I'm saving up some cash to get some equipment right now. I just wanted some people's opinions on how they thought they would turn out. Most of them seem pretty gag-inducing, but who knows?

Bob - Borage, Chamomile, Saffron, Gentian Root
Robert - Vervain, Dog Rose
Mark - Hops, Blackberry, Linseed
Kelly - Cabbage, Colewort, Moonwort
Danny - Sage, Solomon's Seal, Medlar
Daniel - Broom, Garlic, Onion, White Hellebore

Cheesefood said:
If you're comfortable with your sexuality, there's no threat.

Then there are those of use who don't get much sex at all and become very uncomfortable. Not that I'm gonna go gay bashing or anything, but Cheese, can you get your avatar to put it's shirt on? :(

2y1y1z2 said:
I intend to brew. I'm saving up some cash to get some equipment right now. I just wanted some people's opinions on how they thought they would turn out. Most of them seem pretty gag-inducing, but who knows?

Bob - Borage, Chamomile, Saffron, Gentian Root
Robert - Vervain, Dog Rose
Mark - Hops, Blackberry, Linseed
Kelly - Cabbage, Colewort, Moonwort
Danny - Sage, Solomon's Seal, Medlar
Daniel - Broom, Garlic, Onion, White Hellebore

Cool.
Welcome then.
We get some random trolls from time to time.

As a first beer, I recommend keeping it simple.
Some adjuncts are rather benign, but from kettle to keg, there are innumerable ways/times to add, say, an orange peel, that may alter the way that it is tasted or smelled.

Go read howtobrew.com and look specifically at hop additions and you'll see what I mean. Start simple.

Sure glad I'm not making any Violet Velvet...

Lovely banana esters overshadowed by dueling cabbage notes...

Ok, this thread is officially very strange...but what about the name, Nathan?

Back