Mobile Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruckin78

Reaction score
My wfie and I have an opportunity to trade our pontoon boat for a mobile concession trailer. That is up to date and ready to serve some food as festivals.

Also, I have been wanting to "go pro" and make Excessive HoppYness legitimate. I have searched and searched and cannot seem to figure out what soft of licensing I would need in order to sell beer legally out of the trailer as events.

I've been looking at probrewer and pouring over the Florida statutes and I cannot seem to figure out what license it would need to have.

Would the normal (in Florida) $5,000 a year 'brewery' license allow me to do this? It makes no mention of 'mobile' sales in the description.

Who might be the best person to talk with or best place for this information?

I also would not be apposed to selling some *god please forgive me* bud light at these festivals also at least just to get people the cart so I can try and sell them my beer! But I just need to know who to pay so I have the correct stuff!

It may be completely different in FL, but in CA, you'll need a small beer manufacturer license (Type 23) and you have to have a separate catering authorization for each event. Then there are also the federal requirements.

Seems like the only licensing I can find in Florida is a CMB (Manufacture of Malt Beverages) Less then 10,000 kegs per year (I'm assuming that means 5,000 bbl)

Also there is the CMBP (Manufacture of Malt beverages less then 10,000 kegs annualy for on side consumption only)

The later is what I feel like I need as I dont see my kicking off 5,000bbl a year for awhile. Also that license is only $500 a year.

you may want to check out the requirements for some of the events/festivals you have in mind as well

i would think a lot of them have very specific restrictions on selling beer/alcohol that favor/limit sales to larger vendors

Just start selling it. "They" will show up and tell you exactly what you need.

Just kidding, some one in the Capitol City should be able to point you in the right direction.

It's looking like I can get a "Beer Only" License at least to sell some decent beer at festivals.

But to go pro and sell my own, is gonna take alot more $$

I can do it with brew pub (brew on site/drink on site) license for $500 a year.

So I think we might just go get some kegs of Sam Adams, or Seirra Nevada and sell that since you never see it at local stuff....I'm gonna try and chip away at that Bud Light Market. LOL

HOpfully we will make enough money to get our brew off the ground and into peoples hands

Don't know what it's like there, but here in OR I think you have to set up a beer garden with a physical barrier to keep out the minors. Bouncer at the gate checking IDs and such, unless it's an over 21 event, but even then you're still responsible for carding everyone. You might want to look into that aspect of it.

It's looking like I can get a "Beer Only" License at least to sell some decent beer at festivals.

But to go pro and sell my own, is gonna take alot more $$

I can do it with brew pub (brew on site/drink on site) license for $500 a year.

So I think we might just go get some kegs of Sam Adams, or Seirra Nevada and sell that since you never see it at local stuff....I'm gonna try and chip away at that Bud Light Market. LOL

HOpfully we will make enough money to get our brew off the ground and into peoples hands

Have you been on the FL DBPR's site? That will get you the app for manufacturing. I would think that you would need that, then the proper licensing for a mobile vendor. If all else fails call them. They seem to be the ones you need to talk to. They issue all AB licenses in the state.

Then, depending on the county, you might have to serve it in a location that is zoned for AB sales. That might be taken care of by those in charge of the event. Not sure if you could just roam the streets selling beer. In fact, I doubt it.

Funny you mention this idea because I read an article in a magazine just yesterday about the proliferation of mobile foodie stands out West (gourmet fare) and thought that the idea would lend itself to craft beer provided it was within the liquor laws of the particular state. Montanaandy

Latest posts

Back