Brew stores in NYC???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mutine Bullfrog said:
I guess there are no brew stores in the new york city area.:(

A google search for "brew stores in the new york city area" revealed:

http://www.nycbeer.org/homebrew/index.html

I would imagine the lack of response was more due to impatience and a lack of new york city participating brewers on this message board than an actual lack of stores.

Gedvondur

As far as I understand, you have Nassau County and North Jersey to choose from. This is good for places like northernbrewer.com and others. There used to be one in the city, but it closed years ago.

I can't imagine there not being a brewing supply store in the NYC area. this thread is intriguing to me. I mean a city that has everything doesn't have this. wow. I mean I have to order from the net or drive 90 miles for my ingredients, but I live in West Virginia. We lack many things.

Toilet Rocker said:
As far as I understand, you have Nassau County and North Jersey to choose from. This is good for places like northernbrewer.com and others. There used to be one in the city, but it closed years ago.

Yes I remeber that one. It was on Spring Street in the city. Nice store to bad.

joshpooh said:
I can't imagine there not being a brewing supply store in the NYC area. this thread is intriguing to me. I mean a city that has everything doesn't have this. wow. I mean I have to order from the net or drive 90 miles for my ingredients, but I live in West Virginia. We lack many things.

Funny I can walk to the corner and get things that you couldn't even imagine, but brew supplies are hard to find.

I order most of my stuff but the problem is when I need an extra once of hops, or some sanitizing solution, or 1 lb of grain, etc. (the small stuff). I hate to pay $6 shipping for $2 worth of stuff.

Mutine Bullfrog said:
Funny I can walk to the corner and get things that you couldn't even imagine, but brew supplies are hard to find.

I order most of my stuff but the problem is when I need an extra once of hops, or some sanitizing solution, or 1 lb of grain, etc. (the small stuff). I hate to pay $6 shipping for $2 worth of stuff.

I have the same problem as you. The big stuff isn't a problem b/c I am in Pittsburgh (where the nearest homebrew shop is) frequently enough to get the bulk of my ingredients w/o making a special trip, but that little stuff always gets me and shipping is killer on small stuff plus sometimes you don't realize you don't have it until the day you have set aside to brew.

I'm not aware of anything in NYC. There is a brew pub that sells supplies in NJ (U Brew Inc., very reasonable prices I bought one batch from them), I think there is something in Queens (East Coast Hydroponics, never been there). There is always Midwest Supplies though...

There is HomeBrew Too, right off of the LIE in queens. Main Street exit I believe. I had the equipment from my dad's wine making days. They had all the ingredients I wanted. Selection was slightly lacking, but call ahead and ask if they have what you are looking for.

Karp's homebrewing or homebrew supplies(google it), they have a website. They are about 35mi east of the city. They seem to have a wide selection, going by their website, but who knows what the actual inventory looks like. Prices actually look very good.

JeffNYC said:
I'm not aware of anything in NYC. There is a brew pub that sells supplies in NJ (U Brew Inc., very reasonable prices I bought one batch from them), I think there is something in Queens (East Coast Hydroponics, never been there). There is always Midwest Supplies though...

I missed this, I think East Coast Hydroponics is the same store as HomeBrew Too

Back