NEW BELGIUM BOTTLES. defected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattp420

Reaction score
I got a 6 pack of fat tire, and after i finished them i was inspecting the bottles, and 4 of 6 have random hairline "indentions", i dont know if i should call them cracks or not. it kind of seems like they do not go all the way through. anyone else know about this? are the bottles still useable?

thanks,
matt

If I understand you correctly, I've noticed that type of flaw a lot. Kind of like the glass wrinkled as it was flowing?

I wouldn't worry about it if it's that kind of defect.

ya i mean i can scratch it with my fingernail and feel an obvious hairline indention, and run my fingernail down it like a track. some are longer and run for a couple inches some shorter. it seems more of a fracture than a crack, but most of the bottles have it so idk if they are safe to re use...

I supposed you could look at it like: it held up to NB's bottling process and handling, so it should be OK for you, too.

I personally don't like to chance it with bottles. If there is something wrong with a bottle that is out of the ordinary, I just toss it. A whole hell of a lot cheaper and easier than having to clean up a mess, and your mind can rest assured.

Back