out post switched with in post - ?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevedasleeve

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a wonderful IPA all ready to drink but I stupidly put the liquid out post on the gas in side and the gas in post on the liquid out side! I did not notice till I attached my picnic tap assembly and had a hard time getting it off again after it did not pour!! So if you were me what would you do?

I assume I will have to release the pressure, spray star-san all over the outside posts, take em off and put them on right again as quickly as possible right? Or is there something I am not thinking of? I would be almost suicidal if I were to ruin this particular 5 gallons with oxidation or infection or something ...

?!

Steve

The connectors can be a real headache to get off when put on the wrong posts... But your beer should be OK.

I had to pry one off once and was lucky it was still usable. I've heard of them being ruined.

Good luck.

Oh it was so easy, I did not even sanitize, just wiped off the posts with alcohol and switched them, took 2 minutes 10.458 seconds. I am now drinking a pint of my tweaked house IPA and it is fantastic, really fantastic!

Cheers,
Steve da sleeve

Back