Ebay PID

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious of where you read that it would not work? It my very, very, very, inexperienced opinion it seems like it should at first glance. I am interested in finding out if it does too. I plan on slowly building mine in the next couple years and that's too good of a price to pass up if they would work!

"Buyer beware though!"

Indeed. You will save a little now and then dump more money later on to get one that will provide the control parameters needed. Or more money on other controller 'stuff' to fake out your mission of controlling something - like the boil intensity...

"Buyer beware though!"

Indeed. You will save a little now and then dump more money later on to get one that will provide the control parameters needed. Or more money on other controller 'stuff' to fake out your mission of controlling something - like the boil intensity...

I feel privileged that the man, the myth...the legend has replied to my thread.

Also, I am beginning to think that I might as well just get THIS PID from Auber...seriously though, thanks for the input PJ!

I feel privileged that the man, the myth...the legend has replied to my thread.

Also, I am beginning to think that I might as well just get THIS PID from Auber...seriously though, thanks for the input PJ!
Thank you so much. I really needed the laugh that you gave to me.

The PID? That IS the one. Auberin Instruments SYL-2352. You will never regret it. Just do it. You might also look at their SSRs and heat sinks. Beats all getout instead of waiting on a very slow boat from China.

Please let me know if I can help you with a diagram setup.

P-J

Thank you so much. I really needed the laugh that you gave to me.

The PID? That IS the one. Auberin Instruments SYL-2352. You will never regret it. Just do it. You might also look at their SSRs and heat sinks. Beats all getout instead of waiting on a very slow boat from China.

Please let me know if I can help you with a diagram setup.

P-J

Yeah, I know IT is the one...my only reasoning for wanting to go cheap is because I eventually want to go with a BCS and this setup is probably only temporary. But, I know that I could probably sell it on HBT anyway when I am ready and it will be more valuable with the 2352 in it. Thanks again, will hit you up when I'm ready for some schematics.

Auber is worth the minor price difference for the customer service and shipping time alone. He's a great vendor to work with.

lzrdkng14 thanks for the link, I am just going to go with the auber after reading that. Not worth the headache.

Back