Bridgeport Hop Czar - all gushers!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impur

Reaction score
Anyone else love this beer? Its by far my fav. But i swear the last 5 cases i've bought, every single bottle is a gusher. Its really disappointing!! I've stopped buying it, but nothing comes close to the taste.

Has anyone else experienced this? I emailed them but have yet to hear back.

I had that happen to half a 6er of Yazoo from nashville. I took photos of the gushers and emailed them to the company. They have yet to get back to me
-Jefe-

one of my favs too. had about a case + scattered over the last 6 weeks, not a single gusher.

Email the brewery, they might take some actions to make things right... if not maybe you will at least help them to get things right in the future. How long were the bottles in the fridge before you popped them open?

impur- I've got a bottle left from a sixer that was all fine...I'm actually not a huge fan of it...i'd do a beer swap with you if you could get a bottle of Pliny (i can't get it here in TN but have a clone ready to tap)...

have you contacted the place you bought them? I would go to them first to try and get replacements first.

P.S. I like the beer too but have never had a gusher from them.

I love it because it's 6.99 a 6 pack at my local package store. It's not my favorite, but it's good and at that price it's perfect. I haven't had any gushers at all.

what do you use to open them impur?

Bottle opener

Email the brewery, they might take some actions to make things right... if not maybe you will at least help them to get things right in the future. How long were the bottles in the fridge before you popped them open?

Yah i shot them an email but no response yet

impur- I've got a bottle left from a sixer that was all fine...I'm actually not a huge fan of it...i'd do a beer swap with you if you could get a bottle of Pliny (i can't get it here in TN but have a clone ready to tap)...

My local grocery store carries Pliny :D I'll try to remember to pick up a bottle and pm you ;)

have you contacted the place you bought them? I would go to them first to try and get replacements first.

P.S. I like the beer too but have never had a gusher from them.

Yah I did no response yet though.

Love the beer, one of Bridgeports best IMO. I've never had a gusher from them but about a year ago I bought a six pack Laughing Dog and they were all gushers. The first one made quite a mess on my buddies kitchen floor.

Back