Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Label for my latest IPA with Citra and Nelson Sauvin hops.

You can read more about it / find the recipe here, if you so desire: bear-flavored.com/2013/01/recipe-and-tasting-notes-citra-nelson.html

bear+flavored+solipsism.jpg

solipsism+label.jpg

MY wife just worked this one up for the IPA currently fermenting and I chuckled, so I thought I would share it.

FFbrew.aas.jpg

It's my first time, so be gentle.... :eek:

I don't have the mad graphics skills that many here do, so I went with a cribbed graphic and simple design. Sorry, the PDF got a little grainy converting to a JPG.

Imperial Brewing Company.jpg

I am heavily influenced by German Culture, and I wanted a new design that would reflect that. I settled on embracing the old Bauhaus design cues from the 1930's. Simple and modern are the two main points to focus on, so I took that and ran with a self modified bauhaus typefont. Below is my concept for my Märzen and my altbier.

A quick note: "Bierbrauen Ges." is short for "Bierbrauen Gesellschaft", which is german for 'Brewing Company.' EDIT: It may be worth noting that the top right corner and far left are just white (obviously washed out by the background on HBT).

22bc_Concept_label_marzen.jpg

22bc_Concept_label_alt.jpg

movet22 said:
I am heavily influenced by German Culture, and I wanted a new design that would reflect that. I settled on embracing the old Bauhaus design cues from the 1930's. Simple and modern are the two main points to focus on, so I took that and ran with a self modified bauhaus typefont. Below is my concept for my Märzen and my altbier.

A quick note: "Bierbrauen Ges." is short for "Bierbrauen Gesellschaft", which is german for 'Brewing Company.' EDIT: It may be worth noting that the top right corner and far left are just white (obviously washed out by the background on HBT).

I'm a huge fan of these. Please post one on a bottle!

I'm a pretty new brewer. I just brewed my 3rd batch, an oatmeal stout, which was actually my first batch with my own equipment at my own house. The first two were brewed at a friends house with his equipment, a smoked porter and a rye pale ale. All have been partial grain/extract kits, but after hanging out in this thread for a day or so I was inspired to make a label for that oatmeal stout that's been sitting beautifully in primary for 10 days now. The label is minimal, but I'm enjoying it so far for a first attempt. It's called Black Omen Oatmeal Stout, which is named after a large, black spaceship from the Super Nintendo game, Chrono Trigger. Those who have played will understand, and for those who haven't, well... I hope it still looks cool. The quote on the side is from one of the game's greatest pro/antagonists, Magus.

black omen.jpg

antihero414 said:
I'm a pretty new brewer. I just brewed my 3rd batch, an oatmeal stout, which was actually my first batch with my own equipment at my own house. The first two were brewed at a friends house with his equipment, a smoked porter and a rye pale ale. All have been partial grain/extract kits, but after hanging out in this thread for a day or so I was inspired to make a label for that oatmeal stout that's been sitting beautifully in primary for 10 days now. The label is minimal, but I'm enjoying it so far for a first attempt. It's called Black Omen Oatmeal Stout, which is named after a large, black spaceship from the Super Nintendo game, Chrono Trigger. Those who have played will understand, and for those who haven't, well... I hope it still looks cool. The quote on the side is from one of the game's greatest pro/antagonists, Magus.

I am a huge fan of chrono trigger, and this is an awesome label! Great work!

It's my first time, so be gentle.... :eek:

I don't have the mad graphics skills that many here do, so I went with a cribbed graphic and simple design. Sorry, the PDF got a little grainy converting to a JPG.

I really like the apple! Did you make that yourself?

i liked your design, so i embraced a bit of it; hope you don't mind!

12Bridges2_zpsf2f1cd7e.png

I really like the apple! Did you make that yourself?

I wish I had the skill set and creativity to design something like that.:eek:

Found it with Google graphics search for Apfelwine, then experimented with about a dozen different fonts to find one I liked. Thanks to you and LoneTree for the compliments. :mug:

This isn't a finished label but this is the painting I did. Some friends and I brewed up a couple big batches this winter that will be distributed next X-mas to everyone present. This is the Strong Scotch Ale. It clocks in around 9.5% and for some reason Foghorn Kilt Buster came to my mind so that's what it's called.

I also have one for the Black Hole Mind F***er Russian Imperial Stout but it's slightly more inappropriate so I'm not sure I should post it here. But maybe with some prompting...

IMG_1419.jpg

I wish I had the skill set and creativity to design something like that.:eek:

Found it with Google graphics search for Apfelwine, then experimented with about a dozen different fonts to find one I liked. Thanks to you and LoneTree for the compliments. :mug:

If not for a little plagiarism, this thread would be A LOT shorter!

This isn't a finished label but this is the painting I did. Some friends and I brewed up a couple big batches this winter that will be distributed next X-mas to everyone present. This is the Strong Scotch Ale. It clocks in around 9.5% and for some reason Foghorn Kilt Buster came to my mind so that's what it's called.

I also have one for the Black Hole Mind F***er Russian Imperial Stout but it's slightly more inappropriate so I'm not sure I should post it here. But maybe with some prompting...

lets see the black hole!!

Ok but don't say I didn't warn you...
I just couldn't resist doing something like this. A buddy came up with name and said something about brains so I ran with it. Might have to redo it because when I was done I realized all the words should be sucking in towards the black hole. We'll see how ambitious I feel.

IMG_1418.jpg

I have made a beer label mock up. You can download it here. All you have to do is replace the photo layer with your logo. Then move your photo around till it fits right.

This is what it looks like, and no that's not my label.

If any of you who don't have photoshop want your labels put on a bottle of beer mockup, let me know.

This is my first post, and I gotta say I love this site.. I'm four brews in (five if you count the cider I made for SWMBO.) Tried three so far, but they're all too young.. In the mean time I'm working on labels for when everything is ready. This is what I have so far... one is ripped off from a label I found on google, the other is VERY inspired (ok kinda ripped off) by another user on here. I hope that's not breaking some rule, but I'm not real artistically inclined, but I'm happy with the results.

PART_1358978339871.jpeg

ForumRunner_20130124_102138.png

Ooops, forgot to credit... the second label was HEAVILY inspired by Movet22's gorgeous and simplistic design... all are a work in progress, but I like 'em so far.

I'm pretty new to homebrewing, but these are some labels I whipped up for the first two beers I bottled. My wife came up with our "brewery" name of Sugar Creek.

8403755162_21aa94dd34_c.jpg

8402663819_9f17384653_c.jpg

thyirishmen said:
here is a label for my all new zealand hopped IPA. made by Josh.

Just checking that "haku" is the word you were going for. Here's an extract from a maori to English dictionary.

haku
1. (verb) (-a) to nag, complain about, find fault with, henpeck. Taro ake ka haku a ia i takahia te mana o tōna iwi o Moeraki (TTR 1990 wh351).After a time he complained that the rights of his people of Moeraki had been disregarded.
2. (noun) cold, colic.
3. (noun) kingfish, Seriola lalandi - large sporting fish, dark blue-green on the back and silvery white on the belly with a broad longitudinal yellow stripe on the sides. Body elongated, cylindrical, with a large mouth reaching back to the small eye. See also warehenga.

If it's the word for war dance you were after, that would be "haka".

I love making my labels just as much brewing! Here's just a few. I call my home brewery Shepherds' Kitchen. Shepherd is what my last name is in German. You'll notice that i have a running gag in all label. A secondary image/icon saying DAMN!

Ahab.gif

Pumpkin-Ale_2.jpg

aunt-bethany's-christmas-salute.jpg

Camel-Spit.gif

Honey_Brown_Ale-Label.gif

Back