What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Smarged Juniper Rye Pale Ale- was heady and overcarbed(an oz of table sugar per gallon-yeah I know-why?, I was thinking corn sugar at the time I guess-thats still too much though) but otherwise is mellowing its juniper taste/aroma from age some. Time for a new camera phone-cracked lens from a bikeride abuse,sorry.

junip rye pale.jpg

Sam Adams Octoberfest... One of the few non BMC beers the wife likes so I'm happy to have one with her.

Reinaert Flemish Wild Ale, also known as De Proef Flemish Primative and Vlaamse Primitief.

de-proef-reinaert-flemish-wild-ale.jpg

Normally, De Proef delivers the goods. This one is forgettable.

Sam Adams Octoberfest... One of the few non BMC beers the wife likes so I'm happy to have one with her.

Try a S.A. Harvest Pumpkin.I thought it was better than average and enjoyed it more than the octoberfest as well,its pretty impressive-just my opinion I guess but I think its worth checking out.

jonmohno said:
Try a S.A. Harvest Pumpkin.I thought it was better than average and enjoyed it more than the octoberfest as well,its pretty impressive-just my opinion I guess but I think its worth checking out.

Cool, I'll check it out!

starrfish said:
How was it? I drank the last of mine in 2004. It had changed character in 10yrs.

It was like a strong brandy with a lot of sediment. I ended up putting it through cheese cloth to filter it. I think it was nearing the end of its storage life but I do not know the whole history behind the brew.

Tried Flying Dog Pearl Neckless for the first time about a week ago. Stout brewed with oysters. Have to say I was very unsure about this one. Friend gave it to me as a gift and I had to take up the challenge. Turns out it was actually pretty damned good. Not salty or fishy. Has a great flavor and mouth feel to it. Strongly recommend it to any stout lovers out there.

Brandon a Graff, which I accidentally dry hopped with an ounce of amarillo and an ounce of cascade. It tastes amazing.

I am going to dry hop this from now on

Drinking my very first American style wheat. Kind of a hybrid as it started with 1 can from a Mr. Beer (don't even remember what can style!) and added wheat dry malt and wheat yeast. Also hopped at 20 min with Summit. It turned damn good and goes down WAY to fast... Next will be my first all-grain. Black IPA.

Been working my way through a sixer of Bear Republic Racer 5...saving the dregs to harvest the yeast for an IPA I'll brew next weekend.

Midnight sun's cohoho Imperial IPA it's a Christmas beer I grabbed from the store I manage.. A bit past it's prime obviously but at 8 percent it held quite well I'm enjoying it.. Specially after dropping a half full glass of dfh Indian brown.

A half pint of the CA Common I just bottled that wouldn't fill a bottle after a few APAs and a Belgian Blond.

I'm going to have a glass of FBS with breakfast and then head on down to CLEVELAND BROWNS STADIUM for some tailgating before the game. I'm still so stupid that I had a hard time sleeping last night from the excitement - as a Browns fan, I should know better.

Horseballs said:
I'm going to have a glass of FBS with breakfast and then head on down to CLEVELAND BROWNS STADIUM for some tailgating before the game. I'm still so stupid that I had a hard time sleeping last night from the excitement - as a Browns fan, I should know better.

+1!
But I'm a Chiefs fan so
-1 :-(

Drinking my first Oaked Arrogant Bastard and watching the Buffalo Bills get their a$$es kicked by the Jets. Not liking it as much as I thought I would. The game and the beer. Think I prefer my AB sans wood.

Back