How bad is this? Picture included

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unibrow

Reaction score
Can I save this? It was a Saison, and I racked it onto 1 vanilla bean and 6# of canned peaches in the secondary...here's what I saw after 2 weeks in the secondary.

Can I turn this into a lambic? It doesn't smell bad at all...but I'm scared to taste it

005.jpg

Thanks Yoop

By let it go...do you mean toss it out? Or let it ride for a few months...

My condolences. If we lived closer, I'd be compeled to bring you a bucket of chicken or a casarole of some sort so you wouldn't have to cook during your mourning period.

Thanks Yoop

By let it go...do you mean toss it out? Or let it ride for a few months...

Keep it! Taste it first- you can do it! And then let it sit and stew I guess.

If the peaches are still in there, you may want to rack off of them because the fruit may rot, but I don't have any experience at all with fruits OR sours, so don't listen to my advice beyond that! (I'm a winemaker- that's the experience I have with fruit). :D

sour saison sounds tasty to me. Don't toss it, it may turn out wonderful and don't be afraid to taste it no known human pathogen can grow in beer so at worst it will only taste bad.

OMG - ok so I took out a small sample to taste it (my girlfriend thought I was INSANE)

The beer tasted normal, maybe a BIT sour but nothing like vinegar. I haven't keeled over or puked yet....

So maybe I will just let it ride? But since I have no experience with sour beers, looks like I'll have to do some more research on these forums.

Anybody got any advice? Yooper thinks I should rack it off the fruit...and I trust her opinions, but let me know anything else yalls.

KznQH.gif

Back