Just drank some bud light

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indubitably

Reaction score
So I go to to the local watering hole with some friends, because one skips town tomorrow (going back to NYC) and we get a pitcher of Stone IPA (good bar). To follow up another friend orders a pitcher of Bud Light!?!?!?! Really! Thank God I was already drunk from Makers Mark. Seriously though I hate it when people follow decent beer up with yellow fizzy crap. If your going to drink, which we were, do it right.

Was recently at a New Years party - choice? Bud Light and Miller Light. (I failed miserably to bring my own) So I did the social thing and had a Bud Light with the guys...interesting stuff. Reminds me of drinking straight club soda.

It all has it's time and place. New Years isn't a bad time to have Bud Light, considering how much of the stuff is consumed. Granted, my gf and I had Ommegang, because I can't stand the ****ty stuff. But still, it does serve a purpose.

Not everyone is up on flavor. If the guy ordering the next round is one of those people, you're going to get some fizzy piss after a good IPA.

It's a battle, man. Only thing to do is to go over the top. Next up? Pitcher of Old Raspy.

You win.

I love IPA's, etc... but I like all beer. (except natural ice...the smell makes it undrinkable)

I brought my cooler full of homebrews to a New Year's Eve party we were invited to. Bringing beer is something I always do because it's only about 0.00001% of the time that I encounter good beer (meaning other than BMC) anywhere else. The interesting thing is that as soon as I start to enjoy my brews, everyone wants in on them. I chalk it up to people being cheap a$$holes. And I don't dole my homebrews out to cheap a$$holes.

Oh and that reminds me of something that happens a lot. I get my wife's friends who know about my homebrew hobby telling me they want to introduce me to their husbands because they appreciate good beer. And then I find them drinking Stella Artois or Heineken or Guiness. That's when they want to taste the homebrew. So I serve them a DIPA and watch them squirm. Then I tell them they were drinking **** before and now they're drinking good beer. Yeah, I can be a d1ck.

He should have gotten a mans beer, like Miller High Life Light. Nothing making you feel like more of a man than drinking a high life light.

Just joking of course, and I agree with you 100%. My cousins drink MGD, and other garbage. Everytime I go to their place I have to bring my own beer unless I want to drink MGD, Bud, or Natty. When we go out, they often will buy a pitcher of some light garbage.

When I find myself with no choice but BMC (actually in these parts, it's mostly B), I remind myself that the people who brew it know exactly what they are doing and are masters of consistency. Whatever they release is exactly what they intended to make.

Sometimes that thought even helps :)

I never understood the hatred of Bud Light/Miller Lite/Coors Lite. I have a 6 keg keezer and love having craft beers but I still enjoy Miller Lite when doing things like working around the house or playing video games.

Heck, I usually keep a keg of Austin Homebrew's Miller Lite clone in one of my kegs.

It's far from my favorite beer but that doesn't meant that I look poorly upon it or the people that enjoy it.

I actually don't have a problem with people drinking BMC. After all, it's their right. But when they look at you and say that it's good beer and the only beer they'll ever drink, I look at them funny. That immediately tells me they have never even bothered to try anything else (other than, perhaps, other beers in the BMC range). My critique is with an unwillingness to try to expand one's horizons. It's the same with education. I have no problem with people that lack education. But I have a big problem with the lack of a desire to educate oneself. But I digress.

I do enjoy some Miller Lite when it's about 95 deg outside with 95% humidity and I am doing yard work. Good thirst quencher and my homebrew is just too heavy when it's that hot.

Oh and that reminds me of something that happens a lot. I get my wife's friends who know about my homebrew hobby telling me they want to introduce me to their husbands because they appreciate good beer. And then I find them drinking Stella Artois or Heineken or Guiness.

However, I for the life of me cannot figure out what the eff is special about Stella. I have a few friends who were raving about it a few years back when they first started selling it here. I had one and thought it tasted about the same to BMC. It's not a bad beer per say. Just an average beer for a premium price.

I'm with you on the Stella. I don't get it. But I'd rather brew a light pilsner myself and *not* skunk it than go for something like a Corona when it's hot and humid.

Oh, goodie! Another BMC-bashing thread! We haven't had one of these in, well, a day or so. Let's all chime in and bash BMC so that we can feel superior!

Back