Don't put a couch on your porch in Boulder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja_Brewer

Reaction score
So this evening I was enjoying a few after giving up studying for finals for the evening, and I started looking up odd laws in different states. I'm posting this as a warning to certain HBT members (you know who you are); don't move to Boulder, CO, and expect to carry on with your current lifestyle.

Link

On a completely unrelated note, I need to re-upgrade to premium. It's so much harder to find your last post without a picture of a giant man eating a giant hamburger next to your name.

Everyone,

Find out if there are any dumb laws in your community!!

Here is mine:

Lubbock County
It is illegal to drive within an arm’s length of alcohol – including alcohol in someone else’s blood stream.

I am still not sure if I understand this one:p SO, we should NOT have designated drivers in Lubbock???

Having lived there, this law made a big difference in keeping sections of the old town from burning down after CU/CSU football game every year. Seems like a weird law, but I guess you just gotta be there

So this evening I was enjoying a few after giving up studying for finals for the evening, and I started looking up odd laws in different states. I'm posting this as a warning to certain HBT members (you know who you are); don't move to Boulder, CO, and expect to carry on with your current lifestyle.

Link

QUOTE]

In PA

Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

I think I would get arrested for doing that

"The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home."

In PA

Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

I think I would get arrested for doing that

Man, speaking from experience this is such a pain in the ass. When I am coming back from Harrisburg or Lancaster I can barely fit enough rockets in my trunk. Then I have to make sure my lighter is working or else I have to use the car lighter. Don't get me started on trying to light rocket fuses with car lighters. :mad:

Surprisingly the law is against college kids and not rednecks though. Who lights a couch on fire for fun? Silly college kids...

From California:

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

Be careful in Temple or Texarkana Texas

Temple
Cattle thieves may be hanged on the spot.
You can ride your horse in the saloon.
No one may ride a horse and buggy through the town square.
Texarkana
Owners of horses may not ride them at night without tail lights.

I would like to see someone mount a set of tail lights on the rear end of a horse :)

From Connecticut

Quote:
In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.

That has a good ring to it!LOL! Tell Vlasic pickles.

A pickle ain't a pickle, unless its got bounce!
Done to a good rap rhythm

From my homestate, Iowa:

Chapter 195.

Protection of Hop-Growing Interests.

Section 4. Size of boxes for picking hops.

The standard size for all boxes used in picking hops shall be 36 inches long, 18 inches wide, and 23 1/4 inches deep, inside measure.

weird.

My town:

Wichita, KS:
Before proceeding through the interesection of Douglas and Broadway, a motorist is required to get out of their vehice and fire three shot gun rounds into the air.

I'm going to follow that law at least once!

Illinois-One may not pee in his neighbor’s mouth.

Law forbids eating in a place that is on fire.

It is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits.

:rockin: Go Illinois!:ban:

On a completely unrelated note, I need to re-upgrade to premium. It's so much harder to find your last post without a picture of a giant man eating a giant hamburger next to your name.

Time to man up to a lifetime membership Baja. Or whoever you are since I recognise avatars.. ;)

From California:

It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale.

Watch oiut fat chicks!

Does this explain a lot or what?

is that why the internet is banned in Texas?

Originally Posted by arturo7
From California:

but it cali it is illegal to deliberately shoot out of a vehicle, or as driver to allow any passenger to, with a firearm, moving or not. so it must mean a... crossbow.

I'm surprised it's not a felony.

Goddamn my room is cold. It's supposed to reach record lows in Oakland tonight and my heater is puny. It doesn't seem to heat up areas, only what it directly blows on. In the morning I put it between my legs to warm up my sack.

Minnesota:

It shall be the duty of any policeman or any other officer to enforce the provisions of this Section, and if any cat is found running at large, or which is found in any street, alley or public place, it shall be the duty of any policeman or other officer of the city to kill such cat.

A person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head.

Citizens may not enter Wisconsin with a chicken on their head.

It is illegal to sleep naked.

Goddamn my room is cold. It's supposed to reach record lows in Oakland tonight and my heater is puny.

You have a heater? Lucky SOB!

You might head over to San Francisco to check out all the hotties, where apparently
Persons classified as “ugly” may not walk down any street.

I don't live there, but Indian Wells, CA has some gems:
It is illegal for a trumpet player to play his instrument with the intention of luring someone to a store.
Drinking intoxicating cement is prohibited.
Crushing rocks in the city limits is forbidden.

Also, Long Beach homebrewers should beware:
Cars are the only item allowed in a garage.

And in San Diego, a law I can get behind:
The owners of houses with Christmas lights on them past February second may be fined up to $250.

Illinois-One may not pee in his neighbor’s mouth.

Law forbids eating in a place that is on fire.

It is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits.

:rockin: Go Illinois!:ban:

:rockin:

Thats awesome! (if true, got a source!)

Latest posts

Back