how should i store unkegged beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christpuncher123

Reaction score
I did a batch of Coopers Lager with Pale malt extract(left it in primary for 3 weeks racked into carboy and stuck it into the fridge with airlock at 32C) It's been in there a week now and it is crystal clear! The problem I have Is I am still waiting for my regulator! So how should i store it? Leave it in the fridge the way it is or at room temp?

If you are going to force carb in a keg, You should be fine leaving it in the secondary for at least another week or two with the airlock on.

"Un-kegged" beer should be promptly, pint by pint, stored in your stomach as you "un-keg" it.

as to the beer still conditioning in carboy. The fridge will do. A sort of bulk lagering (storing) of an ale, so to speak.

I did a batch of Coopers Lager with Pale malt extract(left it in primary for 3 weeks racked into carboy and stuck it into the fridge with airlock at 32C) It's been in there a week now and it is crystal clear! The problem I have Is I am still waiting for my regulator! So how should i store it? Leave it in the fridge the way it is or at room temp?

Just leave it. There will be no harm done in just letting it sit in the fridge for another week or whatever.

thanks guys! I was supprised by how quick cold crashing works, I didn't know I could even get my beer this clear without aditives!

Back