Looking for Pliny the Elder - FL brewery trade (Cigar City)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewNate

Reaction score
Hello all! I am looking to get my hands on some Pliny the Elder and/or Pliny the Younger. I live in Florida and am looking to trade anyone that has access to this beer for anything down here that they are unable to get up there.

I live in Tampa...about 5 miles from the Cigar City Brewery, Dunedin Brewery, 7th Sun Brewery, Barley Mow, Tampa Brewery, etc. etc. etc. Both Cigar City and Dunedin Brewery make amazing highly sought after brews and refuse to distribute outside of Florida, for the most part.

I am looking for an even trade, equal value. I am hoping to develop a good relationship with one of more users to make getting these beers as easy as a drive to the post office. If anyone is interested please let me know!!!

PS - If anyone else is interested and can offer some other great brews let me know. I am a big IPA fan, but love trying anything unique.

You will probably find someone to trade Elder but Younger is only served on tap now. They don't even fill growlers anymore.

To have a constant supply of Cigar City is a beautiful thing. Or any other breweries by Tampa. I hope someone takes you up on this offer. Cheers!

You will probably find someone to trade Elder but Younger is only served on tap now. They don't even fill growlers anymore.

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize this. The Elder is what I would prefer anyways. Yeah, I am hoping I can use my Tampa connection to open up some options!

Also, interestingly enough the Sea Dog Brewery just opened their first Brewery/Restaurant outside of ME here in Tampa.

I have plenty of PtE, let me know how many you want to swap, they are just under 5 each here to figure value, I am not sure on what a bottle of CC runs, or what a 6er of jai lai costs. We are also looking for a regular trade partner!

You can check BA's list of top pnw beers, assuming they aren't seasonals we can always get you those as well... as it turns out Oregon makes a lot of ipa's, sours, saisons, etc. Send us a list of what you need.

@HomebrewNate, can you get CC's IPA on white oak? I have some Pliny's that are bottled 3/14.

Actually I just bought some white oak the other day and I know there is currently a few packs of it at my local beer store. Message me if you're interested!

White oak jai lai is, in my opinion, by far CC's best brew! Also, they just released they're Humidor cedar aged jai lai as well.

hi there,
i'm also looking for some PtE and live in Florida.
Would be happy to set up some sort of trade with you if interested.
I have access to basically all fresh florida based stock including CCity.
Lemme know!

Back