Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished it a few days ago. First batch is almost ready for kegging and drinking!

ForumRunner_20130213_185119.png

Same here...

The top of my kegerator currently has on it:

a line of beer bottles
a coffee cup full of bottle caps with a keg pressure gauge on top
a new box of freezer bags
a package of button batteries
a can of generic spam
my PET bottle filler thingy
several PET bottle caps

Obviously, I just cleaned it off.

;)

Most horizontals have that problem at my house.... but I try to keep the keezer top clean -- otherwise I can't open it!

Right now, the keezer has a "drip tray" (that is, a paper towel) and two Westvleteran XII glasses that need to find a more permanent home.

a line of beer bottles
a can of generic spam
several PET bottle caps

;)
SPAM and homebrew, a match made in heavern. :cross:

It's taken a few weeks to make it through all these great keezer pics & I finally decided to join HBT. Anybody know of any good 220 volt temp controlling options for those of us building keezers outside the US? Looks like eBay has a bunch of 220 aquarium units from different places in Asia but still a little unsure.

I use the STC-1000, as do a LOT of others on this site. It's incredibly cheap, and on ebay I had the option to select "US Only" for the item location. There are a lot more 220v units on ebay than 110v, and maybe you have the option to select Brazil only?

Btw, welcome to HBT from NC :)

That's a nice one.
Course, at my house the top of it would be covered in miscellaneous crap in about 7 minutes. Any horizontal surface...:mad:

I literally LOL'd @ this one. My house is the exact same way.

a line of beer bottles
a can of generic spam
several PET bottle caps

;)

hahaha, I can relate. My kegerator is too tall for the SWMBO or kids to put stuff on top, so I did the job of occupying horizontal real estate with crap.

Mine looks something like:

Bottle of undiluted star-san.
Bottle of BLC.
Bottle of wine tannin.
Spray bottle of bleach+H2O.
Spray bottle of H2O.
Spray bottle of Star-San (diluted).
Empty spray bottle.
Gas and bvg lines (coiled) for my 3rd keg which is not filled ATM.
Bucket fermenter lid.
...and until about 2 days ago, 12lb bag of Kibbles 'n bits (to keep sh!thead cat from clawing through the bag)

EDIT: just walked into the mudroom, and noticed I forgot the tub of oxyclean, 4lbs DME, and a bag of flaked wheat ;)

Here's my Keezer!
602152_10100184089412134_818292393_n.jpg

Just finished it a few days ago!

The black paint is chalkboard paint, and i'm planning on putting magnets on a drip tray so i don't have to drill into the freezer.

I'm not sure if my picture will show up, but I used an old oak wine barrel tap/faucet for my kegerator faucet handle.

joety said:
Wow, did you fit four 5 gallon cornies in there?

Yup. These Kenmore kegorators will hold 2 ball lock and two shorter pin lock corny kegs. I put ball lock posts on the pin lock kegs so I only need one kind of disconnects. You have to run the Co2 tank outside.

careful with the granite top...super heavy. I have to pull the granite off for now to open the keezer. Not a problem unless I am trying to tweak the regulators. I plan on using gas springs for the lid similar to how the back doors on suv's work. Other ideas are to roll the shell away from the chest freezer, but that brings up problems with hose lengths and other design issues. Good luck! I love mine, but the heavy top is a minor issue:)

Nothing too fancy, but I'm LOVING having beer on tap! I even had a 2 ounce sample before work at 7:00 am...just because I can!

IMG_1402.jpg

rdkopp0153 Nothing too fancy, but I'm LOVING having beer on tap! I even had a 2 ounce sample before work at 7:00 am...just because I can!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that on occassion!

Kasrkin said:
Here's my Keezer!

Just finished it a few days ago!

The black paint is chalkboard paint, and i'm planning on putting magnets on a drip tray so i don't have to drill into the freezer.

May I ask: it looks like instead of drilling through the freezer, you basically unhinged the lid and build a wooden "extension" then put the lid back, thereby mounting the taps to the wood. Is this correct? If so, genius. Never thought of that to avoid coolant lines in the freezer wall

May I ask: it looks like instead of drilling through the freezer, you basically unhinged the lid and build a wooden "extension" then put the lid back, thereby mounting the taps to the wood. Is this correct? If so, genius. Never thought of that to avoid coolant lines in the freezer wall

keezers are made in two ways either with an Irish coffin or with a collar start from the beginning of this thread and you will see.

Nothing too fancy, but I'm LOVING having beer on tap! I even had a 2 ounce sample before work at 7:00 am...just because I can!

I've explained to people the beauty of having lots of beer on tap isn't that you can have as many beers as you want...it's that you can pour half a beer, if that's all you want.

So far here is the collar and I'm going to set it all up and I will edit this post tomorrow and put the finished product pictures as well, I'm just too excited to not put this up right now!
the collar came out really good....
86D0BEF2-25D4-4C8A-B86B-34952055E9C1-403-00000034375FB1E7_zps50852f0d-1.jpg

wubears71 said:
Nice work! Is that cherry?

YESSSS!, I am caressing it right now.... Lol
And Thanks bud! I can't wait! I'm just afraid three kegs is not enough now... Hahaha... Just kidding.

I joked with my girlfriend the other day that the more the guys women ***** at them the more taps the guys have on the kegerator (That's how you can tell who has the sweet girlfriends and who has the tougher ones) so they need more brew on hand to alleviate such stresses.... Lol
My girl is a Three Tap woman... :)
Kinda in the middle...

The top and bottom are not flat like a lot of others. It's custom cut to follow the contour of the freezer door and door frame. Came out great!

YESSSS!, I am caressing it right now.... Lol
And Thanks bud! I can't wait! I'm just afraid three kegs is not enough now... Hahaha... Just kidding.

I joked with my girlfriend the other day that the more the guys women ***** at them the more taps the guys have on the kegerator (That's how you can tell who has the sweet girlfriends and who has the tougher ones) so they need more brew on hand to alleviate such stresses.... Lol
My girl is a Three Tap woman... :)
Kind in the middle...

I started with 4 taps and added 2 more last week. It's never enough?

Did you start with 8/4 cherry or is that 2' 4/4 board to get the thickness?

I routed a 7/16" rabbet on the bottom of my collar so it slips on top of the freezer. Nothing is needed to hold it in place.

Back