Mother in laws!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtg4772

Reaction score
Wtf?! My mother in law is worse than a drill sergeant. She is always there...Always. So much so that when my wife gets home I can't get in the word hello before they go off on their female dialogue.

What to do to send her away? I've tried direct commo but no help. She's making me suicidal. :)

Kittyfeet said:
Maybe you just need to leave them alone and brew more. They'll be at each other's throats eventually, and then you can have your wife back.

Thanks for the feedback. I know this was an off topic post but I'm a bit frustrated. I'm due for a brew day.

Where do they hang out? If its in the kitchen. Walk in in your drawers, scratch you nuts, grab an apple with out washing your hands and offer it to her. If its in the living room. Sit on the couch in your drawers scratching your nuts and then offer her some unwrapped dinner mints. See the common thread here? In your drawers scratching your nuts. You will either get rid of her OG get a date!

I feel your pain. I hate to imagine what life would be like if mine was in the same town. Don't get me wrong, my in-laws are great people, however their version of "family togetherness" is way too much for me. Their favorite thing to do is to all eat a big meal, then sit around in the same room talking about absolutely nothing, and call it "visiting". I opt to go outside and cut their grass just to avoid the torture. When I get done with the grass I start washing cars.

Eventually they decide it is game time, so they move to the kitchen table and I go back inside and watch TV and enjoy a beverage (or 12).

My life would be perfect with out the In law. No just showing up with out permission. Lol. Damn it would be nice lol

IXIboneheadIXI said:
will someone please kindly direct me to the thread where he said something about his girlfriend putting things in random places? this i have to read.

It is gold. I never thought we would be talking about a marriage after that. This is gonna be entertaining.......

You've got to talk with your wife. Communication seems like a continuing problem in your relationship.

Bring 12 roses. Look from one to the other. Take 1 rose out of bunch, give to MIL, a kiss on the cheek and whisper "do you want grandkids?"
Give other 11 to wife, kiss her passionately and tell her you want her attention. Wait to see reactions.

If you're lucky, she'll decide to hide something for you :ban:

I can´t believe that with such experienced brewers noone has actually tell him what to do, so I´ll chip in.
Mash your mother in law for 1 hour at 151, batch sparge, boil for 90, hops additions @60 @15 @5 @flameout your target are 50 IBUs, which hops? whatever hops you like... hops are not a concern if you already decided to mash your mother in law. Chill to 65F, pitch yeast, one week primary, 3 weeks secondary, 15 years i jail an voila!
Hope this helps

Where do they hang out? If its in the kitchen. Walk in in your drawers, scratch you nuts, grab an apple with out washing your hands and offer it to her. If its in the living room. Sit on the couch in your drawers scratching your nuts and then offer her some unwrapped dinner mints. See the common thread here? In your drawers scratching your nuts. You will either get rid of her OG get a date!

I LOL'd...
Now I know why they call you "Nasty Rabbit" :D
Regards, GF.

I guess I've been married too long. Who the f&*% wants to talk to their wife. I'd be happy not to have to deal with some mindless banter. Mine is going on a business trip this week and I couldn't be happier. LMAO :ban:

Goofynewfie said:
It is gold. I never thought we would be talking about a marriage after that. This is gonna be entertaining.......

I for one, am not buying it. This guy just likes to start obnoxious threads on the internet and watch the reactions. He didn't have a girlfriend who hides his stuff. He didn't marry her. No MIL. Probably no girlfriend. Seriously, what are the odds that he tied the knot already? And why keep posting to a beer forum looking for relationship advise?

I can´t believe that with such experienced brewers noone has actually tell him what to do, so I´ll chip in.
Mash your mother in law for 1 hour at 151, batch sparge, boil for 90, hops additions @60 @15 @5 @flameout your target are 50 IBUs, which hops? whatever hops you like... hops are not a concern if you already decided to mash your mother in law. Chill to 65F, pitch yeast, one week primary, 3 weeks secondary, 15 years i jail an voila!
Hope this helps

Personally, I find that MIL's have too much tannin and astringency for my taste. I prefer to use them as mulch on my hops.

I guess I've been married too long. Who the f&*% wants to talk to their wife. I'd be happy not to have to deal with some mindless banter. Mine is going on a business trip this week and I couldn't be happier. LMAO :ban:

Yeah, but my wife is smart _and_ good looking :)

I for one, am not buying it. This guy just likes to start obnoxious threads on the internet and watch the reactions. He didn't have a girlfriend who hides his stuff. He didn't marry her. No MIL. Probably no girlfriend. Seriously, what are the odds that he tied the knot already? And why keep posting to a beer forum looking for relationship advise?

The other post was started by mcarb.

The OP here is mtg4772.

Now, it SOUNDS like it's the same guy, but unless he's opened a second account, it ain't.

Mix some regular Dawn dish detergent with water and put it into a spray bottle. Then squirt there underbelly if you can. Or just enough that they will crawl through it and it gets on there belly. Ummmm wait a minute, that's for stink bugs......

Hope this helps

Secondary is not necessary, primary is sufficient.
Also, NO GLASS CARBOYS and KEGGING is the ONLY way to go.

I stand corrected. I knew mtg was either the guy whose girlfriend hid everything or the guy who picked a fight with Airbourne for owning a pitbull. Flipped the coin and lost the bet.

Yeah, but my wife is smart _and_ good looking :)

I definitely married up. My wife is very attractive but as for smarts, the only thing that I question is that she married ME.

Older and wiser, I have seen friends marry for looks and/or money and it has never worked out. Eye candy and cash are not a good foundation to build a relationship on.

I am sure that the MIL in this thread did not just develop this behavior. It had to be evident before the wedding day and the OP was either blinded by something more attractive or thought that the ring would change things.

Gustavo said:
My life would be perfect with out the In law. No just showing up with out permission. Lol. Damn it would be nice lol

That's when you open the door in your boxers, holding a pair of your wife's panties, and yell "honey I found where you threw them last night! Hi, mom, dad, come on in, we're still a bit dragged from last night, had a few friends over, mind helping us clean up?" You will catch 7 kinds of heck from your wife but the random visit problem will be over.

Obliviousbrew said:
Hope this helps

Don't forget to add turtle. Wait, wrong thread...

Back