happy wife = success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kapbrew13

Reaction score
How many would agree with this?

Wife seems to have no issues with my new hobby/obsession now that I make an orange ale she really likes.

Thanks for all the valuable information on the forum.

My wife doesn't like beer so I make her hard cider, mead, concord grape wine, hard lemonade and anything else I can come up with to numb her thoughts on this subject....lol

Lol. Happy wife or numb wife equals happy brewing days. Got it.
If her beer comes out bad I'll make it with more alcohol.

i convinced swmbo to let me buy a kegerator by giving her one of the two kegs...luckily, she likes wheats and hefe's, so i can still drink from both taps :mug:

How many would agree with this?

Wife seems to have no issues with my new hobby/obsession now that I make an orange ale she really likes.

Thanks for all the valuable information on the forum.

+1 key to a happy marriage. I made the wheat beer for her and I'll make her some cider later this year. I think as long as I do a few batches a year she enjoys I should be good for a while :)

This is the reason I'm on a brewing budget and only brew when she is at work. Swmbo isn't a beer drinker, nor a fan of my brewing.

Of course, that will change if I win some competitions down the road, and it results in extra income.

o4_srt said:
This is the reason I'm on a brewing budget and only brew when she is at work. Swmbo isn't a beer drinker, nor a fan of my brewing.

Of course, that will change if I win some competitions down the road, and it results in extra income.

State your being financially responsable. (Sp) cost less to brew good beer then buying. : )
Another plan is nag her and be involved in her business until she says, "can't you find something to do." LOL

kapbrew13 said:
State your being financially responsable. (Sp) cost less to brew good beer then buying. : )
Another plan is nag her and be involved in her business until she says, "can't you find something to do." LOL

Lol with the budget I'm on, I'm paying the same amount for homebrew as I would a case of micro a month, but I end up with more beer this way. I have all the equipment I need for while, so I'm not complaining at the moment.

My wife doesn't like beer. She will drink a Hard Cider if it's just right, once in a while.

I'd be all set if I could figure out how to make Mountain Dew...

Actually, I'm all set as it is. She not only tolerates my hobby, but encourages it.

Homercidal said:
My wife doesn't like beer. She will drink a Hard Cider if it's just right, once in a while.

I'd be all set if I could figure out how to make Mountain Dew...

Actually, I'm all set as it is. She not only tolerates my hobby, but encourages it.

+1... She drinks the wine I make for her once in awhile but if I could make pepsi I would have the biggest brewhouse in the neighborhood in my backyard...lol

I brew a lawnmower ale for my GF every once in a while to keep her happy. She doesn't like going much past that...

Infact, I was going to take some of her ale (its the only thing I have bottled right now) to share at Easter with the family this weekend and she promptly reminded me that it was her beer and she's not sharing.

I love to share my brews, but her beer is her beer.

EDIT: It also helps that she bought the starter equipment for my b-day. It's hard to kill a hobby you got going in the first place. Of course, the inventory has grown since the ol' starter kit.

If the wife is not happy, then no one is happy. She doesn't like beer and tolerates my brewing. I guess I can't complain.

As long as I keep the house clean and dinner on the table, I can brew all I want.

Shaneoco1981 said:
I am still trying to wrap my head around this one. How do you have a soon-to-be father-in-law with a wedding day in the past?

Hasn't been fully assimilated into the family yet?

Shaneoco1981 said:
I am still trying to wrap my head around this one. How do you have a soon-to-be father-in-law with a wedding day in the past?

On the morning of my wedding day, he was not, yet, my father in law. Therefore, he was soon-to-be. I would've made a crayon schematic if I thought this was going to hang people up.

For you guys who's wives/SO's don't like beer, try this; it worked for me.

My wife never liked beer but one day I had her sip a Guinness and she loved it. She hates "beer" but loves Guinness. A few months ago I got a little tired of heavy hops and brewed a malty American Brown Ale (recipe from Beersmith) and she went nuts over it. Pestered me to brew more (which is now 3 weeks in the primary) so we wouldn't run out.
Of course, we ran out. But that will be remedied in the next few weeks.

Recently we were at a restaurant and she tried my Troeg's Pale Ale which is reasonably hoppy. Yep, she loved it. Son of gun, she's now a beer drinker.

That little story along with moving my brewing into the garage has brought her over to the dark side and in full support of my brewing :mug:

I'm a woman too and I LOVE beer and brewing. Thing is my gf gives me the evil look whever I brew or drink. :S

She tasted Young's Double Chocolate the other day and loved it so I immediately ordered a double chocolate stout kit. I'm brewing it next week to see if I can bring her to the dark side as some of you successfully brought your SWMBOs.

My lady isn't a big beer drinker, but the other day she said that I should buy a fridge for my beer. When i suggested making it a kegorator, she said that would be great as long as we found a beer she liked and I'd make it every few months for her.

Dahoov said:
Da^^mit you beat me to it!!

I was reading it in the bathroom at work and laughed out loud while in a stall. I'm pretty sure guy who was washing his hands got pretty freaked out... So I had to put it in my sig.

My wife encourages my brewing (don't know why) but I work about 80 hours a week so she can be a stay at home mom, so I figure I get to have a little hobby. Especially if that hobby gives me beer cheaper than what I would spend on it at the store. That might be the part she likes.

Not married here, but my girlfriend is supportive of about 90% of everything I do. She is a rare one, and I ain't letting her go :) She is not a beer drinker, I might have to brew her some welch's grape juice wine...

she does like bud light though, I think she will like the American Wheat beer I have bottled up...I hope so!

nymtber said:
Not married here, but my girlfriend is supportive of about 90% of everything I do. She is a rare one, and I ain't letting her go :) She is not a beer drinker, I might have to brew her some welch's grape juice wine...

she does like bud light though, I think she will like the American Wheat beer I have bottled up...I hope so!

My wife drinks/drank corona lite, Miller lite, & amstel. Luckily she really likes the orange cascade ale recipe I made for her compliments of this forum. Plus all her girlfriends like it too. So I'm making more this week.

Latest posts

Back