tips?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rycov

Reaction score
hey guys, just got my rhizomes in. Yes!:rockin: i live in myrtle beach, SC right on a river. i recieved one of each: fuggles, golding, hallertau, and tetnanger. any tips or advice?

Prep you area befor u plant. get a maesuring stick sit back and watch em grow. check out the homebrewers garden if you have any ?'s it is full of great hops advise. as well as a laundry list of other beer ingredients that i never knew were ingredients u can grow.

Dig a hole, mix in some organic matter and plant 'em. Or you could do like they do in Yakima: . You can probably get by with one rhizome per hole as opposed to their 8. A lot of times the farmers do things differently than home growers for various reasons. You're probably at an advantage being that you're close to the river - better soil conditions!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mine on the way, I'm in charleston, also near a river !! Ive got cascade and centennial coming - keep us updated, we should trade a couple next year if all goes well !

I have mine on the way, I'm in charleston, also near a river !! Ive got cascade and centennial coming - keep us updated, we should trade a couple next year if all goes well !

hell yeah. i'll let you know how they're coming along. from what i hear cascade is a really resiliant plant. (didn't know that when i was ordering.) but if all goes well i will be more than happy to exchange some root cuttings. keep in touch then.

I compost more than any guy I know and my first years produced more than my friends- all planted at the sane time. Compost mulch soaker hose a trellis that can withstand high wind- I've seen them snap- not cool. You'll be fine.

Back